cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable Forecast Function on drill down

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a planning book with which users can execute either Univariate Forecast or Composite Forecast.

I have Product and Location as my MPOS.

The users should be able to perform Univariate Forecast or Composite Forecast only on Product and location.

The user should be restricted from forecasting only on Product level or only on location level.

Example:

I have the following CVCs:

Prod1 Loc1

Prod1 Loc2

Prod1 Loc3

In the shuffler, show characteristics is Product. And in the selection condition, user enters Prod1 for product and hits ENTER key.

Now it will list the Product Prod1 in the shuffler window. Now the user loads this Prod1 into the planning grid.

Now this contains all the data for Prod1/Loc1, Prod1/Loc2, Prod1/Loc3 CVCs.

If the user clicks the Univariate Forecast button, then the user should get a message asking him to drill down only on a particular location.

Does any one know how to do this? Is there a standard way? Or can we restrict this via Macro???

Thanks and Best Regards,

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

Though your requirement can only be met via macro but I would suggest you to use particular selection profile for each prod-loc combination and then forecasting on each selections.

Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

We can't restrict like that. Users should have the possibility to freely choose the product and locations whichever they want.

Anyhow, thanks for your idea

Thanks and Best Regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

I believe there is no standard setting, however u can get the desired result by selecting required product and location in the shuffler or use header settings to drill down to specific product and location.

Im not sure about Macros, Im very weak in Macros ..  Looking for an Expert like Rajesh or db49 to answer this query.

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for your reply.

But the problem is they can still executing without drilling down. It is user's issue.

And forecast models and error measures are disturbed for our processes.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Suresh