cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D Barcode SAP Standard?/ FIELD-GET problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have done lots and lots of reading on this subject and cannot seem to find what actually is the recommended solution for implementing 2D barcodes into ITS. SAP say 2D is supported in ITS but does not say how. Is there a specific method?

I have tried to implement a textarea, this has been done on the latest minisap trial download(7.03) so patches etc are not an issue(this has been double checked, note 1446334). However, I only seem to be able to get the first line of text back from the textarea.The textarea is correctly displayed in html(generated using mobile4) and I am using the following code in the PAI, could someone please give me any pointers as to where I am going wrong? Should I be manually changing the html?

Also, I haven't managed to find any particularly good documentation, does anyone have a link.

DATA: idx TYPE i,
             len TYPE i VALUE 500.
  DATA w_cap TYPE z_data_cap.
  DATA: i_text(500) OCCURS 0 WITH HEADER LINE.

idx = 1.

DO.
    field-get 'SCR200-PDF' idx i_text len.
    IF sy-subrc NE 0.
      EXIT.
    ENDIF.

LOOP AT i_text.
      w_cap-uzeit = sy-uzeit.
      w_cap-text = i_text.
      INSERT INTO z_data_cap VALUES w_cap.
    ENDLOOP.

ADD 1 TO idx.
  ENDDO.
  CLEAR scr200-pdf.

Many thanks

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

How exactly are you testing the ITSMobile Service?

What scanner device are you using?

Regards,

Oisín

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisín,

I have been testing the device using an Symbol MC70.

I have gone about this problem a couple of ways, firstly trying to do the more standard solution and secondly through manual html manipulation.

When using the more standard as you describe here: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3289113, my biggest stumbling block is that I get a screen error saying input length is too great, I haven't played around much with trying to fix this as I was getting more success with the manual manipulation.

The problem I face with the manual manipulation is I can only read up to 1024 characters when using field-get. I do not seem to be able to utilise the index variable of the macro, ie I can only access one line. I also looked at the macro its-import_context but again this returned a flat structure. http://scn.sap.com/thread/40081  I also suffer the problem of losing the carriage return triggering the pai and instead entering a carriage return within the text area.

My prefered method would be to not manipulate the html.

btw I am working on release 7.31 SAP_BASIS SAPKB73104

Thanks

Mark