cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Material type" cannot be recognized at analysis pricing of sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Dear Expert!!

Could you please let me know the reason if you know regarding to topic.

I'm currently using new creating condition type and this condition type has combination of sales order and material group.

(Regarding to material group, default condition table does not have. Therefore, I inserted to condition table,

and after that, I created new condition type and configured related customize of access sequence.

And condition record is also created.)

However, when I create sales order, pricing error happens because the value of doc of material type is blank at Analysis pricing screen.

(I am using material which material type is registered at condition record)

If you know any advice, I really appreciate if you let me know

Best RegardKasuya"

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

I have maintained the access sequence on the basis of Country and Material Type. Basically in my scenario I want that if a material has a material type as service and is getting delivered from India, it should pick up a flat rate of service tax.

At the time of creation of access sequence Material Type was not available in the list of standard condition tables hence I added Material type in the field cataog through T code OV24 and created the required access sequence. At the time of Order creation it is picking up country however it is not picking up the Material Type, it is just showing a yellow exclamation mark and the description is Access Not Made (Initialize Field)

Regard

Kasuya

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please share your V/07 screenshot. I request you to share till field level.

Also, show us the message you are getting in SO.

I still suggest you to use Country/Material Tax classification as the combination. I never seen anybody using Material type to derive the tax. In all my Indian projects i achieved critical tax calculations by using Tax categories/Classifications and Tax condition types.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The field is in field catalogue, does not mean that it can be used in pricing. Check OSS 1456169  - Error "Access not made (initialized field)" in pricing analysis for a sales document , in which the procedure for adding the field in the pricing structure also been explained.

Regards,

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Thank you so much for providing various information regarding to my question.

By comparing with two corresponding methods (Userexit or using material tax classification), we decided to adopt the method of using material tax classification.

Again, I appreciate very much for providing very valuable information promptly. 

Because of your help, we could resolve current issue.

Best Regard

Kasuya

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kasuya,

Good to hear that your issue has been resolved.

Now, Shall I request you to close the thread.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some months ago I had faced the same problem and I had added MTART in USEREXIT_PRICING_PREPARE_TKOMP as mentioned by Imran. You also have to add this in both RV and MV programs and also in delivery order if you are using pricing at delivery level too.

Ask your ABAPER to add this.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kasuya,

Q ) Material type cannot be determined in the sales order ?

a)  After adding the material type( MTART ) in the field catalog. You should also move that field  to TKOMK-MTART in the USEREXIT_PRICING_PREPARE_TKOMK in programme MV60AFZZ & RV60AFZZ in the SO creation. Then only at the time of creating the sales order system reads that Field and price is determined.

Please Update if any.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Further for these two programs (MV60AFZZ & RV60AFZZ) you will need to grab the material number from VBAP and then find the material type from the MARA table (field MTART).

Hope it helps.

Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna.

The reason I would like to use material type is that I would like to separate sales tax type by using material type.

For E.g.  If Material type is kinds of service, service tax should be applied, and if Material type is kidns of good, VAT should be applied.

And currently, many material groups are registered, and therefore, I don't want to use material group for determing above because maintainance of condition master becomes very heavy. 

So I am using combination sales organization and material type.

MTART is already registered at my condition table, and created access seaquence,

however, somehow, the value of material type of material cannot be recognized at sales order, even I already registered condition record.

I appreciate for your cooperation

Best Regard

Kasuya

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best way to handle this is, maintain various condition types. One for VAT, one for Service tax.

Now, also have the tax classifications at material master.

Say for ex: you have Tax category ZVAT  with tax classification as 1 in the material master then VAT condition will pickup.

If in case you have ZSER and tax classification as 1 in the material master, then system will pick up service tax.

Please try this anyway, for your material type issue, please check below setting in V/07

For your access sequence, Access - select your table and check at the Fields and see what you have maintained under process status for access (check if its blank try keep B and see your sales order now).

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please update the error message number for the subject text.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sai Krishna.

Thank you for your prompt answer.

And I'm sorry I mistook one description regarding to my question.

I'm currently using the combination of sales org and Material type, not material group.

(Regarding to material type, there is no material type on condition table as default.)

And right now, when creating sales order, the value of material type at pricing analysis is somehow blank.  I created condition record and I am using relevant material for sales order.

If you know any reasons, I very appreciate if let me know.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please let me know the reason for maintaining prices at material type combination. If you maintain condition record at material type, then all the materials which has that material type will take the same price.

For E.g. If you maintain FERT as material type with value = 100 INR then all the materials which has FERT in the sales order will get 100 INR.

BTW, have you added the field MTART in your condition table? If you have added then while adding this table in your access sequence you have to give your material type at Special value fields under fields.

Now, go to vk11 and maintain the price records. it should pickup this in your sales order.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kasuya,

In you explanation, you mentioned that you have created access sequence with the combination of Sales order type/Material group.

But, in the pricing analysis, you are getting a message for material type and you are also saying that you have verified the material master which has same material type.

I am confused here, Could you please validate or cross check the below points and let me know if you still face the problem.

Please check your access sequence and combination ( Is it sales order type/Material group combination or not)

If yes, please check if you have maintained the VK11 with this combination

Now, please check the material group you have maintained in  material master : Sales : Sales org1 data. This should be same as the one you maintained in VK11. If not, please maintain the records.

Finally, could you please check your sales order - line item - sales B - check what the material group picked up..This one also should match with your condition records.

Check and let me know.

Regards, Sai Krishna.