cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

<File>.SAR is not a valid SDA or SCA file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi workmen friends of weekend !

I'm trying to update my SolMan 7.1 SR1 to SPS 08. This is the ISS (Initial Shipment Stack) installation, and I'm using the media of SPS08 (51045452) for this update process.

When I call SUM tool, and begin the update process, I receive the messages below for all ABAP patch files (.SAR).

[Warning]: File /<SUM_download_dir>/<File>.SAR is not a valid SDA or SCA file.

[Warning]: Error while reading component /<SUM_download_dir>/<File>.SAR.

The reason is: The information about the development component found in the manifest is either missing or incomplete!

ie:

Mar 15, 2013 10:11:27 PM [Warning]: Error while reading component /arquivos/SUM/51045452/DATA/BBPCRM701.SAR. The reason is: The information about the development component found in the manifest is either missing or incomplete!

Manifest attributes are missing or have badly formatted value:

attribute keylocation is missing

attribute keyname is missing

attribute keyvendor is missing

attribute keycounter is missing

(/arquivos/SUM/51045452/DATA/BBPCRM701.SAR)

Mar 15, 2013 10:11:27 PM [Warning]: File /arquivos/SUM/51045452/DATA/BBPCRM701.SAR is not a valid SDA or SCA file.

This error doesn't happens with SDA or SCA files. Just with SAR files.

I try to follow step-by-step provided for "SUM Update Guide.pdf", and I have simply provide the SPS08 Installation DVD into the SUM Download Directory, according section 4.11 Filling the Download Directory, page 84of this guide.

I'll be waiting your feedback.

Kind regards,

Rodrigo A. Botelho

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

RA Botelho wrote:

Mar 15, 2013 10:11:27 PM [Warning]: Error while reading component /arquivos/SUM/51045452/DATA/BBPCRM701.SAR. The reason is: The information about the development component found in the manifest is either missing or incomplete!

Manifest attributes are missing or have badly formatted value:

Hi

1. Have you downloaded the packages using SolMan Maintenance Optimizer?

2. Was the same transaction/session in Maintenance Optimizer used for generating both Stack xml and package download as well?

3. Please also try downloading packages again, I have seen issues due to incomplete/corrupted downloads. Hope you are using SAP Download Manager?

-Roshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan !

I'm installing SPS08 delivered by the Installation Media Set. My SolMan is a new system.

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

my impression is that Roshans questions are important:

• did you use the maintenance optimizer of your SolMan 7.1 SR1 to create both the stack.xml and download the software files in one session?

As far as I know, it should be possible to install the SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SR1 and then update it to SPS08 by using the Maintenance Optimizer (MOpz) of the fresh installation, which means the SolMan calculates the maintenance plan for its own update.

Regards, Boris