Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip header for simplePlain2XML transform bean

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I need to configure the first row (header) from my input file. Since, I'm using PGP, I configured the message transform bean with the conversio type simplePlain2XML... It seems xml.documentSkipFirstRows works only for structPlain2XML.... is there any other param or alternate to acheive this??

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Binod_Thakur
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i use xml.processFieldNames = fromFile instead of

xml.processFieldNames = fromConfiguration

It worked fine for me.

Thanks AD

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do as shown below. I have set document offset to 2 to skip first two rows. You should set it to 1.

former_member234749
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion!

Tried with documentOffset, it didn't work for me...did you use this in SFTP adapter.

Thanks,

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to SentiPrakash's reply on below thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2009598

I can see you have given xml.processFieldNames = fromConfiguration instead of xml.processFieldNames = fromFile which may be the reason why xml.documentSkipFirstRows did not work.

Apart from this, header can be omitted within mapping also. Suppose a particular field has a value S.No. in the header, then you can apply a condition to populate the top node such that if the particular field Not equals to S.No then create the top node. In such a case, only the non header rows which do not have this value, will be populated.

former_member234749
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

He mentioned xml.processFieldNames = fromFile when it is simpleXML2Plain, but I am working on simplePlain2XML.

May be I will have to handle in mapping as per your suggestion.

Thanks!

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Apologies for the delayed response. I did handle this via mapping. Hope it helps!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I noticed that the xml.documentSkipFirstRows does not work with SimplePlain2XML.

I set mapping to ignore the first row.

former_member234749
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Did you find any solution for this? I am facing the same issue.

I am working on sender SFTP adapter so that using message transforamtion bean with conversion type simplePlain2XML..

I tried with xml.documentSkipFirstRows but not able to skip the first line in the document.

Please help me if you find any solution.

Thanks!

iaki_vila
Active Contributor

Hi,

Try to use under document specification, Document Offset in order to skip 1 or n begining lines:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/content.htm

Regards.