cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with MessageArea and Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

i have a form with a Table and MessageArea on it. If the user input something in the Table and click Save, all fields will be checked and the MessageArea shows the errors, in case of any errors.

If I click on one of the listed messages, I will see the Tooltip near the field I made mistake.

The problem is, if I input some wrong data into the table and then using navigation buttons on the table navigate to the end of the table and then click Save, I will see Error Messages in the MessageArea, but if I click on the message, nothing happens and I don't see any red fields and don't know where was wrong input. So I have to navigate on table and search for this field.

How can I override OnAction method of the MessageArea? So, if someone click on an error-message of the MessageArea, I can navigate the user to the field with an error (setLeadSelection(i)) and the user will see, where the input was wrong.

Can I override the Navigation buttons of the Table? In the properties I can define only onFilter onLeadSelect.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can use reportInvalidContextAttributeException() method on IWDMessageManager.

Ex :wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportInvalidContextAttributeException()

Regards, Anilkumar

Message was edited by:

Anilkumar Vippagunta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer.

I have try to use the method you adviced. I have the same behaviour. On wrong input and on click Save-Button, an error message will be displayed in the MessageArea. If I click on it and the wrong field is visible, the user will be targeted to the field on clicking the error message with tooltip.

If I use table navigation-buttons and navigate me to the part of the table, where I don't see the field with a wrong input and then click Save, I see error, but clicking on it have no action, I won't navigate to the field. I stay in the same part of the table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alex,

Seems that you hit limitation of current WD implementation.

You need to scroll table, the only possible way is to set firstVisibleRow of IWDTable, but you need to know index -- and there is no API that allows you to get elements for which messages was reported.

As I understand, this should exists in IWDTable/IWDMessageArea implementations themselves. Try to submit enhancement request, cross fingers and wait for next SP.

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

http://www.sam-solutions.net