cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logic behind creating invoice with out any reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

We can create invoice with out any reference  ( sales order ) /Delivery  document ,, in vofa document type is FX AND we can create  This in fb70 or f-22

Could i know what is scenario to create invoice with out any reference document ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear thanks a lot but could you give logic i didn't get exactly

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

When any one Comes to know about this , Every User / Consultant was telling as only you can Create Billing without reference by One and Only with One Billing Type " FX "  by below Programming  " BAPI_BILLINGDOC_CREATEMULTIPLE " .

Regret :  If any One New People came here with this type of Query ( As it is on this requirement ) , Immediately whoever will be get above link only . I have seen so many threads as with above link .But here one thing , No one people didnt ask like you .I appreciate you for this asking behind logic .

Observation :1.  First of all , You have to observe Billing Type Functionality of " FX " . Why system is allowing to create billing type only " FX " ?

2. Is there any difference functionality b/w " FX " and " F2 " ? in especially in the Field " Copying Requirement " why because one routine can turn up / change our Process with the Basic Programe Level .

3. Why , we want use this BAPI only ? what is the Function of this ?  what has written in this Program ?

One thing ,here I want to tell for you .

1. Copying Requirement can allowing to Create Billing without any reference means by a chance that routine had like that type of Programming in back end .

Unfortunately , I have checked " FX " Billing Type in my IDEAS Server  but It dosent have any Routine . In any Billing Type ,Copying Requirement Field  can only very effect on our Process rather than all of Fields Functionality ( of course all is necessarily ) .

2. I think so , most of the Part is  completed by with the Program BAPI . If you understand of this ( Program BAPI Function ) then you can come to end stage without any iffy .

Note : Give me some time to talk with my ABAPer on this to give more info .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

1. One more thing , you have to do more tests on yourself to find out Solution .

2. Please compare F2 and FX Billing types of Fields Values , what you have maintained .

Note : 1. In my case , I noticed only two things .

a. Copying Requirement FX - Nil

F2 - 02

b. Document Type         FX - Nil

F2 - D1

2. You can see Document Type  " D1 " Functionality in OBA7 .It is purely FI Point of view . So , I think , it is also very important against to FI point of view .

If you have any doubts / thoughts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra,

I appreciate the fact that you give replies in great detail and really try to help members!

Thank you!

But the question here is

Could i know what is scenario to create invoice with out any reference document ?

OP is requesting for some business examples where billing type FX is being used.

Getha,

To clarify your point, what do you mean by the word "Logic" in your subject?

Is it "business scenario"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear T.W

Yes i am asking business requirement  ?

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Geetha,

Please find some of the examples i have give in the thread.

Further, Just want to highlight one thing, If client wants to have only billing in SAP and other transactions in Thirdparty systems, we can use this billing document type FX.

@Experts : Please provide few more examples if you have any.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Geetha,

Yes, billing type FX is useful if we have to create billing in SAP without any reference documents in SAP. For e.g. client runs all SD related stuff in 3rd party system, but, he wants billing alone should be done in SAP. In this case you have to use billing type FX. However, its not with the FB70 or F-22 (These are FI t.codes)

Please find the below thread which will explain how to use FX.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1360769

Let me know if you need any further information.

Regards, Sai krishna.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kesari, Members,

1. Why would a company buy SAP and then only do the billing in it? (taking Sales and Distribution module as the subject of discussion)

2. In the non-SAP system would billing be done too?

(I agree that the above question is depends upon the client. The answer would differ, with different business scenario)

So billing done twice!

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Very good question.

Will try to give you 2 examples:

1. One of  my India Implementations, the user is still using Foxpro for the excise Invoices, they do the entry in SAP as well

2. Now, We have a situation where one of clients uses both legacy as well as SAP ( I have see this majorly in Japan and China) not sure why, but they say that they have some internal interfaces so they want to continue it sir . Yes, its bit strange.

I can't exactly tell you why we have to use SAP for billing and remaning in other systems. But, they are lot of clients who does this.

BTW, out of discussion, Why this question is showing as answered ut when we see the thread its not appearing

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kesari,

BTW, out of discussion, Why this question is showing as answered ut when we see the thread its not appearing

Best way would be to do a test.

Create a question and then explore the various alternatives.

There is a "space" where you can do these type of tests etc.