Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No of package in automatic packing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

I want to create automatic packing,

I have created a packaging material, i have maintained a material group for packing and assigned it to a Finished product to which i want to pack.

then i have made necessary settings in delivery type and delivery item category for automatic packing, i have defined packing instructions and determination records,

Now i want to know where i have to define the size of lot e.g. if 10 KG of material should make one packing then where i define this?

currently in packing instruction, in item no 10, i have mentioned packaging material and target quantity as 1 and in item no 20, i have mentioned finished product and in target quantity as 10KG. when i created the delivery and packed the delivery for 30 KG as per my logic 3 package should have been generated ( 10 KG for 1 package) but i see in handling unit display that only one package has been generated.

please tell where i am wrong or where i have to maintain this relation 1 package = 10 KG of material?

Thanks

Ashutosh Singodia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, i cant see in this view also

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be you have not selected the sales views while creating the material master.

siva

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

hope your issue is Resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No still thinking on this issue

We have selected the sales view but there is no such "allowed weight" field there, may be MM person has done that setting.

Regards

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi manish,

in POP1, i have maintained KG, but in material master of packaging material, i cant see "allowed load weight" field in basic data, can you please tell me where exactly this field appear in material master basic data tab?

Ashutosh

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the material master ---- sales:General/Plant  the Allowed pkg wght and Allowed pkg volume.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ashutosh,

The only problem I can think of is Unit of Measure in POP1 considering that your other config. are correct. Can you please check if you have maintained KG in POP1 for the material you want to be packed.

If it does not work, you can use Allowed load weight. You can define this in Material master-Basic data of Packaging material, in that case system should not allow you to pack more than 10kg in one unit.

I hope it will help you.

Thanks,

Manish

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

did you check the Entries in the material master ---- sales:General/Plant  the Allowed pkg wght and Allowed pkg volume.

od_manikandan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai,

Create the material as BOM material

T CODE- CS01

Mat --

Plant

BOM Usage : --  5 sales and distribution

So 10 KG 1 packing material will come.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

my material is a finished product and creation of BOM is not required, i also dont know the components which make this finished product,

my only requirement is when i pack 10kg of material 1unit of packing material should be used.