Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting Multiple Product Categories During ROS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All;

I have a question regarding ROS.

There is a requirement from the purchasing that when the supplier registers in ROS, he should be able to select the lowest product category so that the purchaser can search for supplier easily by the product category.

for example, when sending the questionnair, the supplier should select one of the categories as follows:

1)Inofrmation Technology

2) Engineering

3) Adminstration

If selects Information Technology ==> a drop down menu should open for him to select from as below:

a.Software

b. Hardwre

if selects Software ==> dropdown menu opens:

a. ERP

b. MS product

c. Other application

If selectes ERP

a.SAP

b.Oracle

C.JD Edward

The purpose of this categorization is to help the purchaser to search for the approperiate vendor easily.

Note: Although we need the supplier to be searchable by the lowest category, still we need to search for him using the the first, second or third category.

My question, is this possible in standard SRM 7? or it needs development?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hani,

The Fucntionality which you want is not supported in the standard SRM 7

May be you can try out some custom development in order to acheive it.

Regards

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hani,

You can explore the table BIDCC . Based on the primary key defined there for Product category and Vendor number you can come to conclusion.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashok;

This table BIDCC does not help at all. It only shows the relation between vendor & product category using the source list.

My requirement is to classify vendors based on the product categories during ROS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Hani,

I have given the table so that you can analyse the releationship between Vendor and product category maintained in the system.

You have to Maintain Product-category specific questionnaires in the below settings.

Supplier Registration--->Basic Settings-->Select Product Categories for Registration ( where in you can select mulitple product categories )

Once the complete registration cycle has been done and you accept the supplier , The supplier himself can assign themselves to mulitiple product categories . Kindly run the complete cycle , then defintely you can understand.

Thanks and Regards

Ashok