cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to install SAP HANA DB to have an hands on the database.

As per reviewing the forums, installation of HANA DB was supported until support pack 3

But after SP 3, SAP started using the SAP HANA appliance which comes with SAP HANA

Is there a way, i can get SAP HANA installed in a server/laptop etc to test the same. Is there any Virtual machine provided by SAP for HANA database.

I am aware of the AWS services, but i need to be connected to the internet all the time, to work on the same.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same question but not sure if the above thread answered it.

I am using hybris and need to configure HANA DB to work with hybris. However, I have still not got clear idea whether HANA DB can be installed locally on laptops with 8 GB or 16 GB RAM.

I see a lot of posts which says the cloud instance can be used. However, the question is whether that is the ONLY option and does that essentially mean HANA DB can't be installed like Oracle and MYSQL DB.

Appreciate any quick suggestions.

Thanks.

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

suggest that you use the 30 -day free trial offer from SAP to setup a SDN account

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Balaji,

I suggest that you use the 30 -day free trial offer from SAP to setup a SDN account to have free cloud server HANA DB access using the below link. The link works for 30 day free trial and also permanent access.

http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/hana

After 30 days, you can setup your own cloud AWS instance and practise. It is affordable and you pay as you go. I own one and it is affordable. Let me know if you need additional info.

Hope this helps.

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i want to register for the 30 days trial, is this oss id user specific or company specific

In other words, if i register and try this out, can other people from my company also register it with their oss id

Abhishek2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

you need to have SCN account to access HANA free trail.Other people of your company also can access HANA provided they must have SCN account,which is created by any email IDs.

Regards,

Abhishek