cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relation between BI (ABAP) and BI-Java (Netweaver 7.3 - BW)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What ist the relation between the BI (ABAP) usage type and the BI-Java usage type in Netweaver 7.3?

In some documents from previous versions it was declared as a 1:1 relation. But in some discussions people denoted, that one can connect the BI-Java usage type to several BW-Systems (BI ABAP).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From SAP Business Suite 7 systems, you can no more install dual stack systems. As a result, you have to install separate system for ABAP and Java systems. Same is also true for BI systems.

You can connect your BI ABAP system to BI Java system for reporting and other purposes. Even you can connect your one BI Java system to multiple BI ABAP systems.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

thanks for your reply!

The background for my question is, that I found a document "How To... Design a SAP NetWeaver - Based System Landscape" for Netweaver 7.0 and there is a sentence:

"Usually, scenarios running on usage type BI also require usage type BI Java, and there is a 1:1 relationship between BI ABAP and BI Java."

Bu in some discussions here at this plattform, there were people that say (like you), one can use one (let me say) instance of BI Java usage type for multiple BI ABAP instances.

Perhaps you can tell me, where that point is documented?

Thank you for your help!

Raoul

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create multiple destinations on AS JAVA and reference them in the portal System Landscape, you can even setup trust relationships (and SSO) between multiple systems, etc. However, at least the default JCO destinations on AS JAVA are fixed meaning you can only have one set of them. If you are not using Integrated Planning, this might not be an issue for you. What could however be is that you have to consider the version dependencies. In case all of your BW systems are on the same level, it might not be a problem. I would advice against the 1:n setup just because of scalability and availability factors.

I am quite sure there are other factors speaking on behalf of the 1:1 relation, I just don't know them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

please check : http://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW04/current/bi/index.html

Hope that help you.

Regards,

Bang