Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue binding nested table

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I need some help binding a nested table. I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong, or if what I’m trying to do just is not possible. I have an existing form that has a table (Table 1) with delivery information. Table 1 has 10 columns. Five of those columns are for batch, expiration date, batch quantity, net weight and gross weight. Currently the form displays a “summary” line for each line. In other words, if a line has multiple batches, then the batch column is blank and expiration date column is blank and the columns containing the batch quantity, net weight and gross weight are an accumulation of the batch information. The user would like to see all of the batch information on the delivery. I started by adding a table type (BATCH_INFO - containing all 5 of these fields) to the current structure, creating a nested table:

I_ITEM

-->(existing data fields)

-->BATCH_INFO (table type)

-->-->BATCH

-->-->EXPIRY_DATE

-->-->BATCH_QTY

-->-->NET_WEIGHT

-->-->GROSS_WEIGHT

I then added a table to each of the 5 columns within the form. I wrapped each respective table, with the existing column information, into a subform. Here is an example of how I bound each column:

(Table1 was already bound to I_ITEM)

Table2 --> DATA[*].BATCH_INFO

Row1 --> DATA[*]

BatchNo --> BATCH

I have 2 line items on my test delivery and each line item has 3 batches. When I bind the batch number the data shows up correctly – 3 batches on the first line item and 3 batches on the second line item. However, when I continue and bind the next column, all of a sudden the second line is no longer showing the batch information and the expiration dates are also only showing for the first line. When I continue and bind the third, fourth and fifth columns, the first and second columns stay as is, but there is absolutely no batch data showing in the third, fourth and fifth columns.

If I delete all bindings and bind any one of the 5 columns (say the NET_WEIGHT), the data shows up fine. It’s only when I continue to add the binding to other columns, does the data start to get wacky! So, I can tell that it’s a binding issue, however, I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong, or if I’m unable to use relative binding across multiple form columns. I’d really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks!

Julie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

Any help please?

Thanks!

Julie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

You might want to have a look on this

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/AdobeForms/Nestedtables/page2.htm

I guess you are trying to do the similar thing.

regards,

Xiang Li

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Xiang,

That is very close to what I'm looking for, but not quite. In the example you provided, it is creating the nested table as a separate line. The user wants the table information as part of the current line so that it does not fall below the description information. What I've done to get around the issue is create 5 separate table types and include all 5 of these in my structure (instead of one table type with 5 fields). I then added a table to each of the 5 columns within the form and wrapped each respective table, with the existing column information, into a subform.

Programming for 5 separate table types was very cumbersome. I was hoping there was a way to do this using just the 1 table type with the 5 fields. I've inserted an image to show how the form currently looks using the individual table types.

Thanks!

Julie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

Okay yours is rather complicated. You have to use some tricks.

May i how many items could possible in the table?

regards,

Xiang Li

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Xiang,

The table information I want to display are the batches for the line item, so unless SAP has a limitation to the number of batches, there won't be a limit to the number of possible items in the table.

Thanks!

Julie

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Xiang,

I posted a reply last week, but it has not shown up yet. I'm hoping that this one will get posted.

The table information I want to display are the batches for the line item, so unless SAP has a limitation to the number of batches, there won't be a limit to the number of possible items in the table.

Thanks!

Julie