cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to user when COA generation fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I was wondering if there is any way (user exit / work flow / standard process) to trigger an e-mail to a user (like QC manager or supervisor) when a COA generation fails for a batch during the outbound delivery item output generation (of output type LQCA/B)?

I tried to look at possible user exists of program RQCAAP00, but couldn't find the relevant ones for this purpose.

I hope this is a valid requirement in any business, if not please challenge why this is not a valid requirement.

Please share your thoughts on how you solved this if you've encountered the same requirement at your business. As always, the best solution will be rewarded

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In one of my implementations we have handled this in the following way

1) Take print of COA through a Z transaction by giving the delivery number,if the document is printed then it is updated in a table.If print command is executed and due to some reason print has not been executed this information is also stored in the table and an email is trigerred to the QA manager.For trigerring an email we have used the followup action mail 3 as an example.

CSN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. I understand we can do all sorts of things with Z transaction or Z programs, but my requirement is I want to stick to standard SAP COA generation program RQCAAP00 and as you specified my business users will not accept printing COA manually by keying in the delivery#,