cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM Error - EHP2 (Abap+Java) in downtime phase Modify ABAP Templates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all.

While downtime of EHP2 (Abap+Java), installation goes to error in Modify ABAP Templates Step.

Following details from (TroubleTicket_03.txt ) , (MODIFY-ABAP-TEMPLATES_03.LOG).

Update to SAP EHP2 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 (ABAP)SAP EHP2 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 (JAVA)

SID................: PID
Hostname...........: srv-sap-db01
Install directory..: /usr/sap/PID
SUM directory......: /midias_sap/SUM/SUM/sdt
Database...........: ORA
Operating System...: UNX
JDK version........: 1.6.0_31 SAP AG
Source release.....: n/a
Target release.....: 7.02
ABAP stack present.: true

TroubleTicket_03.txt :

The execution of step Modify ABAP templates of action execute ended in error. Service com.sap.sdt.j2ee.services.servicesimpl.ModifyABAPProfileTemplateService failed with message:

java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.trim() of an object loaded from local variable 'sapJvmVersion'

More information can be found in the log file /midias_sap/SUM/SUM/sdt/log/SUM/MODIFY-ABAP-TEMPLATES_03.LOG.

Use the information provided to trouble-shoot the problem. There might be an OSS note providing a solution to this problem. Search for OSS notes with the following search terms:

SUM,execute,final-system-start,modify-abap-templates,com.sap.sdt.j2ee.services.servicesimpl.ModifyABAPProfileTemplateService,class java.lang.NullPointerException

MODIFY-ABAP-TEMPLATES_03.LOG":

Mar 15, 2013 9:46:24 AM [Error ]: The following problem has occurred during step execution: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.trim() of an object loaded from local variable 'sapJvmVersion'.

Any suggestions Please??

Regards.

Rafael Stengler

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael

SAP has the same solution with a new file sdt_sapjup_services.jar sent to my mail.

Apparently a bug with version SUM (SUM10SP06)

I tried using the file sdt_sapjup_services.jar SUM10SP05 version, however the script startup.bat gave an error and did not run.

I refer everyone to make contact with SAP and indicate how this post references (like I did)

bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem as Rafael with a Solution Manager upgrade from 7.0 EHP1 to 7.1.

Turns out that the class "ModifyABAPProfileTemplateService" inside sdt_sapjup_services.jar (in sdt\lib and java\lib) had a problem.

The responsible developer fixed the issue.

There is a new patch for SUM available =1.06_7. Please use the new patch for SUM.

Regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gentlemen.

Yes, exactly.

The problem was solved yesterday by SAP.

SAP sent me a new version of sdt_sapjup_services.jar file.

I just needed to restart the process.

Thank you all.

Regards.

Rafael

0 Kudos

Hi,

the same problem occured during Solution Manager Upgrade 7.01 --> 7.1.

I extracted the jar file from the newest SUM and replaced the original file under SUM\java\lib. Restarting the current Step didn't change anything. The only other option, was to exit the Program.

Now SUM doesn't either allow me to restart the java Roadmap step nor to stop the whole SUM because ABAP: MAIL_NEWBAS/TABIM_UPG is running.

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter.

You need to replace de file under SUM\java\lib and SUM\sdt\lib.

At least that's what SAP told me to do.

But look, I'm not able to tell you if the file I received was just a newer version, or a version customized to fix my problem.

Rafael

narotham_penda4
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

SAP updated SUM sp06 with patch 7   but sdt_sapjup_services.jar from this patch also did not work . I used older version sp05  patch 13 which  is also available at SMP and jar file from this patch worked fine for me . I am upgrading solman 7ehp1 to 7.1.

Regards

Narotham Penda

0 Kudos

Hey Narotham!

Thank you for your answer - one question: how did you change the SUM Version? Replacing ONLY the sdt_sapjup_services.jar in sum sp6/pl6 with the jar from sp5/pl13 doesn't work because, a few java classes/functions are missing in this earlier release.

Is it possible to replace the whole sum without starting from scratch?

best regards, peter

narotham_penda4
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Peter,

I only replaced sdt_sapjup_services.jar file, execution phase completed successfully after that and my sap is up on 7.1 version without any issues.  I don’t think we can replace whole of SUM at this stage of the upgrade process.

Regards

Narotham Penda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael,

Have you fixed the problem yet? I also have the same problem and have no idea.

kindly pls post  here if  have any progress.

Best regards,

Sam Zhao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SUM Version :

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.trim() of an object loaded from local variable 'sapJvmVersion'.

What version of SAPJVM are you using?...

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan.

Apparently the source system uses the IBM JDK.

[Thr 140270645933888] [Node: server0] java home is set by profile parameter
[Thr 140270645933888]   Java Home: /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142
[Thr 140270645933888] JStartupICheckFrameworkPackage: can't find framework package /usr/sap/PID/DVEBMGS00/exe/jvmx.jar

JStartupIReadSection: read node properties [ID5718550]
-> node name          : server0
-> node type          : server
-> node execute       : yes
-> jlaunch parameters :
-> java path          : /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142

And based on the logs of SUM, the shadow uses:

JDK version........: 1.6.0_31 SAP AG

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to the above errors, I found a file in /tmp (sap_jvm_pidadm_25965), I think the last lines show an error that may be related to my problem.

[root@srv-sap-db01 tmp]# tail -200 sap_jvm_pidadm_25965

µðÚ-ea-Xmx1024m-XX:MaxPermSize=256m-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError-Djava.system.class.loader=com.sap.sdt.bootstrap.SystemClassLoader-Djava.class.path=/midias_sap/SUM/SUM/sdt/lib/sdt_bootstrap.jarcom.sap.sdt.bootstrap.Startup rootdir=/midias_sap/SUM/SUM/sdt/midias_sap/SUM/SUM/sdtSAP Java Server VM (6.1.038 19.1-b02 Feb 14 2012 10:31:58 - 61_REL - optU - linux amd64 - 6 - basA:166762 (mixed mode) compressed oops)PuTTY®ÿ"

Any idea ?

Regards.

Rafael.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael Stengler

We have the same problem, however here we are just updating the support packages are Solman.

We opened a SAP messge for help in solving the problem, when we have a solution I post here.

I also ask that if you find the solution, be sure to post to help future.

Thanks

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eduardo.

If I find the solution it will be shared.