cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10.0 Data Export Application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I am new to GRC 10 and I am trying to understand the migration process, but I am confused with an element of the data export application and I would like someone to tell me how to get to the Data Export Application in GRC 10

Points will be awarded for the correct answer.

Thanks

Regards

Mark W

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

You can ref the SAP Note #1715882 . It will tel lyou how you can find the Migration tool. In this SAP note proper steps are mentioned that you can follow to download and install Migration tool.

You can also ref SAP Note #1632183 in case if you face some issue.

Regards,

Shaily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaily/Colleen

Thank you both for your help, it is much appreciated. Can I assume that the BC sets are all activated via SPRO > IMG? or are some of the BC sets activated elsewhere?

Kind Regards

Mark W

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yep in IMG you'll see a link

FYI on BC set activation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/ab/720008774c11d395f200a0c930dcc1/content.htm

You just need to know the sets. Install or upgrade guide should advise

If not look at help info in IMG for the activate BC sets step under GRC navigation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen

OK great that sorts that problem out.

Why does it say "BC Sets can only be activated if there is no production client in the system."

there is bound to be a "production client" what does this mean exactly?

Thanks again

Mark W

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Scc4 setting for client. Bc sets are config which would be development
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen

OK this is a Basis job then. So ALL the BC sets would be done in development, ok good that is good to know.

Thanks

Mark

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

exactly. Although it depends on how Basis build each environment - not sure if transport the config or apply BC set

If you get stuck on config, you may find BC Set wasn't activated, etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen

OK great thank you.

Have you taken the GRC 10 course?

Regards

Mark W

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes and I found it's a course worth paying for just to get your hands on the training manual

Former Member
0 Kudos

fantastic........I as you this as I will be going on the same course in june. Would you want to sell your training manual or do you know someone who might be willing to sell it. I only ask you this as I want to get a deep insight into the course before I take it

Thanks

Mark

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

In the Migration Guide it mentions the Webservice path you need to enter:

Launch the GRC 10.0 Data Export Application using the following URL:

"http://<servername>:5<instance>00/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/grc~acmigapl/ GRC2010Migration

where <servername> and <instance> represent the server name and instance in your environment."

I assume you need to launch this web service on the GRC 5.3 system. Possibly check with Basis to ensure the webservice has been activated in SICF. If you go into SICF and search for "GRC2010Migration" you should be able to right-click and choose test service. It will launch it for you (and determine servername and instance)