cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production server Performance issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Our server suddenly slow, so please suggest how to check the system and resolve the slow performance of the system.

Our Production  system is running on windows 2003 with SQL 2005 and Dual CPU with 16 GB Physical RAM, total WP is 17 on the system , can i upgrade the more WP on the system and maximum WP on my system according to my system configration.

Regards

Ashwani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

based on the ST03n the wait time and DB times are really high compared to other days.

a) Check for IO response times.

b) Also check the memeory parameters.

Thanks

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani,

Please post the st02 screen shot and check the sm50 what is running for long .

In smlg you can check response time of system.

Best Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan/Atul,

Please find the attached St02 and st03n screen shot , please suggest the solution accordingly.

Regards

Ashwani

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have some swaping happening in ST02 mainly in your import/export buffer, you could double the size of rsdb/obj/buffersize as well as tweeking some of the other parameters to start with but that is not causing the performance issue.

I cannot see much on ST03N ,you need to post the main overview for the server, but I can see that you DB Time are quite high... anything above 1s is far to high.

Can you post ST06 screenshot?... I want to see memory, disk and CPU usage

Regards

Juan

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani,

Above screen shot showing db time high st04 and also check any long running job in sm37.

in sm12 check lock for long time.

Best Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Please find the attached Scren shot of ST06.

Regards

Ashwani

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can see your disk utilization is 100%, this is most likely the cause of your performance problem...  are your disks local or SAN?

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Our DB and all partation is on SAN, 123GB Disk space free out of 600GB DB Disk, Please suggest further step to resolve this issue.

Regards

Ashwani

Regards

Ashwnai

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to check with your IT Team how the distribution on the SAN Disks was done, Currently seems like a single LUN is been hammered.

Regards, Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can i upgrade the more WP on the system and maximum WP on my system according to my system configration.

If you have a slow system adding more WP's will not help, it will actually require more resources.

You need to find what is hitting your performance. Typically you are looking for the bottleneck.

Check ST03N, your WP usage and memory, CPU and disk usage at OS and post your findings here.

Regards, Juan