user status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

i have a user status... at wbs level

1. init- project creation

2. bugp-budget planning cj30 allowed only

3. bugr-budget release allowed only

4. exen- wbs release and other business transactions allowed.

and in opuu- under reservation/pur reservation field 2 is specified. i.e from release.

while creating project, while adding non stock material with code without code, in component overview if user select 3' (immediatly, in res/pur req field) by mistake then automatically a pr will get generated without wbs release and budget allocation/release.

in Init status....bus transaction mat pur req is already forbidden.  however for only non stock material with mat code or without mat code in cj20n, while adding new mat if user select 3 it creates a pur req and allows to do po.  but at the time of migo it prevents by another transactions.

So can anybody let me know in status init, which transaction i have to forbidden so that i can prevent raising pr /po at this juntion.

hope i am clear in my question

prashanth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Prashanth, hope you're well,

Were you able to find an answer for you question? I have the same problem in my system (user status forbids creating PR; but on CJ20N network the system allows the creation the PR nevertheless), and so far I couldnt find the thread that so well explains this issue like other members replied.

Thank you so much in advance.

Patricia Valentina.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you search the forum, come across with lots of threads. Please search.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhakar,

I check couple of threads but unable to find the required solution for my issue.

current requirement as follows.  in the INIT status, following bus transactions are forbidden.

Acct. assignment order/project

Actual Overhead Assessment

Actual Overhead Distribution

Actual Periodic Repostings

Actual activity allocation

Actual inverse activity alloc.

Actual overhead (periodic)

Actual settlement

Approval

Budget Release

Budgeting

Complete

Complete back to tech complete

Confirm WBS

Confirm order

Create delivery

Goods Movement

Goods issue delivery

Goods receipt for prodn. order

Goods receipt for purch. order

Material debit/credit

Material purchase order

Material purchase requisition

Partially confirm WBS

Partially release project

Periodic Reposting: Plan Data

Release

Repost costs

Repost revenue

That means user has to change the status from INIT to bugp to assign original budget,

and from bugp to bugr to release the budget.

and finally bugr to exen for wbs realease....

This senarios is working fine.

But in INIT status , when project just created user can add multiple materials.  while adding material, say second material, if your keeps cursor on activity and goes to component overview...

in the screen left side...column reservation/pur requisition by default 2 is appearing.  i.e from release... User by mistake , if he selects 3, immediatly then a pr gets generated and subsequently he can create the PO aswell.  (without budget).

In big projects it is creating some problems as without budget a po has been generated.  I would like to avoid this. 

from ps configuration point of view, we dont have any further things apart of network profile as per my understanding.  since user committing mistake, a PR is getting generated there. 

i would like to know is there any business transactions which can forbid this activity. or do i need to go for devt...if yes give some idea on that.

thanks

prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here you have two options

1. Change the setting from 2 to 1 (Never) in OPUU (Maintain Network Profiles).

All the components will have this value as default. Then you can change it to either from release or immediately by user for every individual componnent.

This would be cumbersome process but you can control the creation of PR.

2. The other alternative options is create user status ZNPO (NO PO) selecting the object Purcahse Requisition and PO as INIT and select the option to forbid.

This also needs to be deactivated manually.

In the past, this question has been asked in this forum try to find where it was clearly and explicity expalined by many of our friends.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sudhakar,

Thank you for your reply.  But currently i have one status profile XXXX which is assigned in OPSA at wbs level.  in that above mentioned 4 status are there based on the requirement.

your first option wont feasible as when materials are added as Never, i.e 1, i fear whether we are able to get PR numbers or not, as for that it is greyed out.  will we able to get pr numbers? how? system generated....(after releaseing wbs/activities)

As for as second point is concern as i already said Mat pur requisition and PO are already forbidden in INIT status.  it is only when user is adding materials , selecting 3 instead of 2(res/pur req colomn).

Please let me knw where i am going wrong.

prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already explained clearly in my reply. please read so you will understand.

You can reset the user status back to forbid the material PR & PO generation when adding new material.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

POs creation can be blocked by forbidding the business transaction "Material purchase order" in OK02.

Thanks,

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vinod,

The mentioned Transaction'mat purchase order' and mat pur requisition' are already forbidden in INIT status.  Yet it is allowing to create PR as i stated in the original thread. 

Any other inputs please?

Prashanth