cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP TAO - Can not connect to SAP System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I am new to SAP-TAO.  I was trying to connect SAP using SAP-TAO, it gives me error "Cannot connect to system, Function module AGS_CHECK_EDITION not found"

Can any one please help?

Thanks

Prakash.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakash!

have you found a reason why SAP TAO couldn't communicate with managed System? I struggle with similar issue. Communication with SolMan works like a charm (Self check for SolMan does not show any issues).

The message that I get is:

"Failed to retrieve the managed system SAP TAO agent and ST-PI package versions. These necessary packages may not be installed on this server, or the function module has not been found: SAPAGENT_RFC_CALL_FAILED: SAPAGENT_RFC_CALL_DETAILS(RFC_EXCEPTION)"

Although the right version of ST-PI is installed on the Managed System (verified with compatibility matrix). I think this is related to my SAP account permissions.

I would appreciate any comment!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

This is because you do not have the required roles in the managed (satellite -e.g, ECC) systems.

After adding the role SAP_TAO_AGENT_RFC it worked like a charm. You need to work with your Basis team to assign the above role to your user id in the managed  (not solution manager) system.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After the connection failure Run tcode SU53 on the managed system and find what authorization required and ask your security admin to include them in the TAO role.

Regards

former_member264034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check that your TAO install conforms to note 1391728.

This may very well be an authorization issue in your Solman system.

Please note that from Solution Manager SP17 on authorization is needed
to access RFC for a system user, this means a role (PFCG) including
authorization object S_RFC, type = Function group, activity = execute
and Name= AGS_CHECK_EDITION is needed.

Furthermore, you can validate the exact authorizations needed by
reviewing the documents for SAP TAO which you may locate by following
this wiki:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/wAELE

Regards,

Aidan