cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate/Copy Standard Enterprise Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I understand that we could either Extend, Copy or enhance an ES. So, I am trying to perform a copy of a standard Enterprise Service in order to add a custom field to the Message Type.

I'm well aware that this is not the best thing to do, since a data type enhancement would sure fix the issue of the extra field.

However, we want to keep the standard service running and have another one that would do pretty much the "same thing" (only

with an extra validation in the code), thus the copy seems like the right call to me.

The main question is, how do I do this? In a Data Type Enhancement we would normally create a new Software component

version as well as a new namespace. But If I create a new SWCV and start defining message types, data types and interface objects that

"simulate" the ones from the original Enterprise Service I see that the original data types are not listed in my new SWCV.

Is there a way to import those Data Types to the new SWCV?

Should I do the copy in the same SWCV but in a new namespace?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yalan,

have you created the proper dependencies in SLD? You need to tell the system that your new SWCV should use objects from the standard delivered content - the SWCV with the ES Webservice. Once you configure that, the standard SWCV should show up in ESR in your new SWCV and you'll be able to use those objects there.

Another possibility is to copy those objects to your new SWCV first before adapting and enhancing them.

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jörg,

Thanks for replying I've tried copying the data types to my SWCV and it works, I've also tried by setting  the reference to the standard SWCV but since we intend to modify I've chosen to copy the DT.

Thanks Again!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yalan,

this is also the procedure recommended by SAP. I'm happy to be able to help you!

Regards,

Jörg

Answers (0)