cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set Validation-Independent for action no effect to another UI Element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

Who everybody can help me this problem ???

When i working with sap application, i've stucked with sap standard check of UI Elemenet

So, how can i set validation-independent for action but no effect to another UI Element

Error as picture below

I set action-type for CHECK action is independent

When i checked, althought date field not relate to CHECK action, but it also check mandatory for date field and stop CHECK action and dont do it any action of CHECK anymore ...

Please help me this problem ...

Thanks and regards!

Jason Hai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didn't understand it properly, but from the error message I can see it it telling the data format is incorrect. It is the Standard System check.

Don't enter anything in the date field and test the CHECK action.

You need to enter the date in the correct system format, or just select the date from F4 help, then you wont get the error.

Hope this helps u.,

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran!

It's mean, when i click to checkbox in red box, althought date field not relate to checkbox action, but it also check mandatory for date field and stop checkbox action => so, it dont do it any action of checkbox anymore ...

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you be more specific. As per my understanding, you have created an Action for the check box highlighted in the image in OP. You have entered date 123456 in the date filed which is a mandatory field.

Now, You are selecting the checkbox and onAction of Check box is getting called and displaying error for date field too. Is this correct?

If so, The System will check the date format and throw an error which is a standard error. You need to enter the date in correct format say 20.03.2013 ( or according to the system date format setting, or chosse from F4 help). Then the error wont appear.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

As you said:

"Could you be more specific. As per my understanding, you have created an Action for the check box highlighted in the image in OP. You have entered date 123456 in the date filed which is a mandatory field.

Now, You are selecting the checkbox and onAction of Check box is getting called and displaying error for date field too. Is this correct? " -> I confirm is Ok.

But, in this case. I want that when i selected the checkbox so onAction of Check box that ignore this error for date field . Because, in terms of bussiness, the date field not related to onAction of Check box.

Thanks and regards!

Jason

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is the standard process. Whenever an action is triggered, the rendering will happen and the standard system checks will be executed and hence the error is displaying. The same will happen even in SAP GUI( Module pool or selection screen )

Hope this helps u.,

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So, is there a way to solve this case?

I need a method to bypass this error :-s

Thanks and regards!

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Who everybody can help me this problem???

Thanks and regards!

Jason