cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM for Material Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been told that SAP MDM is very good for Customers but not for Material Master - is this true? Has anyone implemented MDM to maintain the Material Master? If so can you share your opinions on the suitability of the tool please?

I'd appreciate your help with this.

Thanks,

Simon Dudding

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Implementing MDM for any module has proved to be very efficient & worthy. I have implemented MDM for Employee master, although there has not been much hype on implementing such module whereas most organizations use MDM for supplier,product,customers,etc. Our Ultimate goal is to achieve business sustainability and bring profit to organization by adding business value. I certainly feel that implementing MDM has helped business in getting rid of junk data from system landscape. Now, its upto the organization to ensure on how effectively they utilize MDM.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if any queries.

Regards,

Ali

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

The product SAP MDM is very suitable for Material master domain.

I guess what you could have heard is that there are fewer customizations needed in the Business Content (Kind of template solution provided by SAP for various Master data object) in Customer master as compared to Material Master object.In general,MDM implementation for Material master holds lot more fields,processes,requirements,dependencies,complexity,data etc.And to compare the would be like comparing Apples and Oranges.Hence the statement "SAP MDM is very good for Customers but not for Material Master" does not hold ground.

I have been part of few SAP MDM implementations for Material Master and they have been fairly successful.The major thing to do could be to come up with detailed requirement list and then study the feasibility.In my view a proper SAP MDM implementation should give you desired results.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

You can implement Material Master in SAP MDM for sure.

But you will have to decide how you implement various functionalities and customer specific requirements. You can design your repository structure with ease and also link other associated technologies like CE, Webservices etc to achieve other functionalities which call for 3rd party system involvements and Portal applications where it needs information from various associated systems.

So you need to design data model and integrate the same to other systems to achieve your requirement.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

SAPMDM is very good toll for data consolidation and DE-duplication.

And Many projects are running on SAP MDM tool. That too Material so Don't think is this suitable or not. Take customer requirement and work on best practices.

Regards,

Krr