Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP System Export

anvardheen_jabarullah
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

While exporing SAP source system, am getting below screen. Please let me know what is the difference when give Yes\No?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anvardheen,

If you are doing system copy of BI/BW 3.0 or Netweaver 04/Web AS 6.40 (and higher) then it is mandatory to run report SMIGR_CREATE_DDL before starting Export.

Your product specific system copy guide will have details of this (if relevant).

Also check this thread : https://scn.sap.com/thread/1529883

-Roshan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

anvardheen_jabarullah
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are doing system copy by the following methods like

(1) Through Backup/Restore method-DB Specific method

(2) Export/Import method - DB Independent method

My question is both making a system with the content of source system. Then why are we calling

DB Specific method & DB Independent method?

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Is there any other diff after making new system?

Regards,

Anvardheen J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through the system copy guide before you start the migration.

In your case, you need to Generate the DDL statements using the SMIGR_CREATE_DDL report.

To migrate nonstandard database objects, you need to generate DDL statements using the ABAP report.

Please follow the below steps.

1. Login to SAP system.

2. Tcode SE38

3.SMIGR_CREATE_DDL

4.select the target database

5.Program menu -> run in background

This will be running for sometime and will generate few SQL files that are necessary during the import.. Otherwise you MIGHT face some partition creations in the target system.

If your system level is more than NW 7.0 , please dont skip this option.

I hope the information helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Vimal

anvardheen_jabarullah
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Once DDL statements are executed, Do We need to copy ( add) those files into Export dump??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

• Please refer system copy guide. section 4.2 Generating DDL Statements

The DDL statements are generated and written to the specified directory. From there, SAPinst copies them to the <export dump directory>/ABAP/DB export directory.

If you copy the SQL files directly to the export directory, make sure that they have read access.

Thanks

Kishore Cherukumalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No.. You just need to provide the DDL location in the screenshot you have provided in the first stage  and SAPINST will take care of the rest.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anvardheen,

• Before taking the Export you have to run the report SMIGR_CREATE_DDL in SA38.
  • The report will generate the SQL files containing DDL statements for non-standard ABAP database objects
  • Please see the system copy guide for more information. Let me know if you need further information.

Thanks

Kishore Cherukumalla