cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Period Factor setting in SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Here is another issue I am struggling with. We have location master data setup in Transportation Lane with Period Factor 0.150 for all products with the expectation that it would create the TLB orders on Monday of the week as our fiscal week start is Sunday. This had worked fine in the past but recently some location orders got created on Wednesdays! After investing some time trying to figure out the reason,  I've been able to remedy it by specifying the same period factor setting in product master on Lot Size tab.

But, that doesn't make sense and it's tedious to configure every product that way. Especially that the SAP help documentation indicates that it should work at TL level. Does anyone have any experience with this issue or know what the root cause maybe?

Thanks,
Radino

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radino,

The period factor is considered only by the SNP heuristics. Both SNP deployment and TLB planning engines use the previous run's output as a reference. But, there is no guarantee that they will respect the heuristics proposals planned schedule.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I disagree.   I have deployment stock transfers every day.  But if run TLB using yearly time buckets, TLB is creating the STO in the middle of the year.

My main complaint/concern is that TLB is ignoring the period factor in the transportation lane and the product master.

Ken