cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solman alert management with third party vendors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

we are looking for the vendors who can provide the Service for escalation process,Acknowledgement to pickup the alerts from solution manager 7.1 system and process.

we have setup the technical monitoring in our landscape and we are receiving the notifications,we are planning to configure this to a tool to do escalation process based on the alerts,sending to mobile devices as a message & Acknowledgement as a service.

If any one has implemented this or any idea on the vendors please let me know.

Regards

Jana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jana,

Can you please brief, what is the term "vendor" you are referring too? Looking for 3rd party tools? why? 7.1 has wonderful featutres like alert inbox, dashboards///

More over Technical Monitoring is highly integrated with ITSM, where critical alerts, you can set up the notification service as Incident ticket. Check page no 15,16,17 here

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000409042011E

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jansi,

Thanks for the response.

I have already configured what you are reffering and we are receiving notifications succesfully.

what i am planning to do here is once the solution manager generates the critical alerts we want to setup the escalation process to send the message and email to therespected teams based on the priority.

To perform this we do not have option available in Solman Technical Monitoring.Only we can get the Notifications to email/SMS but if no one respond within 20 min for this alert it has to escalate to other teams and wait for 20 more mins and escalate to managers.this is what we have inplace now.

Presently we are using IBM tools to do escalation process  from CCMS.

i am looking for antool in the market can give me this functionality ,receive the alerts from solman and filter the alerts send the notification/sms,escalation process,acknowledgement.

Please let me know if you have configured something like this.

Regards

Jana