cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create a discussion in SAP ECM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a disccusion earlier this week with no problems. I understand moderation is now in place, but when I create a new discussion question for SAP ECM, I receive a mail message and SCN notification that my content was approved, but then I get a Unauthorized message and then don't see my discussion when I navigate back to the forum. Immediately after posting I see this message below. Immediately after clicking on the notification link, I see the message below. If I open a new browser and try to go to the link, I see the message below.

Unauthorized

Access to this place or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here.
Here is the link from my notification

Moderation Notification

Your content has been approved: 404 Error after Installation

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3326485

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Content Moderation Is Now Active on SCN

Content moderation has been turned on across SCN to prevent spam attacks.  When posting content, you may notice a green text box that explains your content will be moderated.  In some instances, you may get an authorization error (as show above). In both of these scenarios, your content will be moderated and posted. 

Do not post the same content multiple times.

Thank you.

sambaran
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Can you tell me how long it will take to approve the content by Moderator.

I have posted content in one of the forum yesterday but still it is showing 'CURRENTLY BEING MODERATED' and it is not visible to other user.

Thanks and Regards,

Sambaran Chakraborty

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As you have noticed, content moderation is active on SCN to prevent spam attacks.  The SCN moderators, who are volunteers, are working around the clock to review and approve legitimate content.  There's no commitment to how long this should take but it will be done in a timely manner across the 450+ SCN spaces.

Do not post the same content multiple times.

Thank you for your understanding.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm getting the same error - that I don't have authorization.

Its very confusing message - the error message doesn't say anything about being reviewed before posting.   So i posted it again.  

Then I see in my actions it says something about being moderated.

Then i went to the SAP SCN Bug discussion area and tried to add a message there and again it said access denied.  

Very frustrating.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shane,

Your content is getting through: please see http://scn.sap.com/thread/3334295

former_member862468
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I posted my content 15 hours ago and i still dont see any confirmation. is there any notes on how long it might take and the process involved in this moderation.

Appreciate your help in this regards.

Thanks

Shriya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shriya,

Could you please verify that your content was approved?

Otherwise please send me the link so that I could investigate it further.

Thanks,

Oxana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oxana,

I posted a discussion yesterday when i got a message.

Please note, your reply will need to be approved by a moderator before it is posted in the forum.

It is not posted yet and now i am not able to track also. I simply cannot find it anywhere.

Please help where i can find it.

Regards

Punit

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As you have noticed, content moderation is now active on SCN to prevent spam attacks.  The SCN moderators, who are volunteers, are working around the clock to review and approve legitimate content.  There's no commitment to how long this should take but it will be done in a timely manner across the 450+ SCN spaces.

Please do not post the same content multiple times.

Thank you for your understanding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks a lot for your response.

Its just that with my previous experience it was getting posted immediately so i was a little impatient on seeing this message.

Thanks again for the clarification this will definately help to prevent unnecessary SPAM attacks. I just checked my discussion is posted.

Thanks again!!

Regards

Punit

venkataramana_paidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Can you tell me how long it will take to approve the content by Moderator.

I have posted content in one of the forum 26th of may  but still it is showing 'CURRENTLY BEING MODERATED' and it is not visible to other user.   Some times I don't  know it will be approved or not . I am doing re-posting again . After few days it is approving  and it causes duplicate posting . I gave answer to one of the post still it didn't approved  but later whoever gave the answer their posts are approved.  Please let me know what is the problem approval .

Thanks and Regards,

Venkata Ramana Paidi