cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define Valuation Type on customer set up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to set up a new customer and restrict its access to 1 x valuation type.

Where can I define the valuation type?

I am using transaction XD01 and cannot find any reference to valuation type.

When I created a sales order through VA01 it allows me to select the required valuation type, but prevents posting.

The message read valaution type not defined.

Many Thanks,

Brian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Dear friend,

You can use the T code: OMWC to create Valuation type

Valuation type should be created with reference " Valuation category "

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/47/61018b49f011d1894c0000e829fbbd/content.htm

Thanks

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Valuation types are maintained at material level, not at customer level. it is not possible to create a control which allows customer specifc valuation types to be used during Sales Order creation thru standard configuration.

you can extend the valuation type at material master MM01. this will enable the sales order creation and will not throw the error valuation type is not defined.

if you want to put a control that during sales order creation, for a particular customer only a particular valuation type is to be allowed for a material, then you need to write a code with the help of an abaper.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jammy,

I have created the specific valuation type and extended the valuation type at the material master level.

When I am creating a new customer account I do not know where to define the valuation type to the customer account.

Essentially, I want to set up a customer account that has third party stock holding which is not valuated.

Kind Regards,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes during customer master, there is no provision to mention valuation type as per my understanding.

if you want to link a particular customer with a valuation type, then either you can enhance your customer master with the help of abap code or put up a validation during order creation.

Regards,