cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Runner 9.5 compatibility with SAPGUI 730

Former Member
0 Kudos

Official SAP position is LR 9.5 does not support SAPGUI 730. However, I have been able to create SAPGUI 730 scripts and scenarios with LR 9.5  vugen, controller with no issues so far. I am measuring transaction response time from the front end. I would like to avoid upgrading to 11.5 if I could.

Are there known issues between LR 9.5 and SAPGUI 730 compatibility? Has any one else used this particular combination and what was their experience?

Thanks,

Harmeet Sandhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Harmeet,

We heard from HP that GUI730 support will only appear in LoadRunner 11.50 with special patch applied. From support point of view we can see some customers are still using old version of LR but HP always recommend us to install the latest version/patch, since there have been some improvements.

I can understand upgrading to 11.5 may need some time, please first try to patch 9.5 to the latest patch

9.52 if you see any issues on it.

Best regards,

Adrian

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this:

1. Open the machine's System Properties.
  2. Go to "Advanced" tab.
  3. Click on "Environment Variables" button.
  4. If there is no variable name "Path", create one (note: case sensitive).
  5. Set the value or cascade using ';' the SAPgui path. For example:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui"
  6. Restart Vugen.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harmeet,

I have used both LoadRunner 9.5 and 11 with latest patch(4) applied, I don't see much of a difference between them for SAPGUI 730. However, we are having a few issues with SAPGUI 730 ComboxBox control while automating it with LoadRunner 11.

The VUGen for LoadRunner 11, just feels a lot faster since it has a different script generation engine.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ahmed Yes, I had the same issue you described with combo box while scripting. Other than pretty uneventful .

Harmeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

I am using Loadrunner 11 for SAP GUI 730 and am facing the combo box issue. Please let me know if you have any solution for the problem.

I am not able to replay the scripts because they fail while trying to select value from combo box. Have tried including focus, increasing think time and also tried recording using keyboard instead of mouse clicks.

Would really appreciate your inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

I am using LR 11 with SAP gui730, Can you please advise if you were able to get a solution to combo box issue in your project? what was the work around?

Aj