cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound Idoc (SAP R3 to MDM) - partner_type

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to understand the concept of partner_type KU - Customer, LI - Vendor, LS - logical system (transaction we20)

When a purchase order is created then an IDOC can be automatically generated and sent from SAP R3 to vendor (via EDI) based on partner_type LI - vendor. In this case user keys in vendor number (which is the partner) to create the purchase order.

Similarly can material creation be exchanged from SAP R3 to its partner SRM or MDM system? What would be the partner_type for this scenario? (LS !! assume partner as MDM the logical system) And how would a user key in the partner (in this scenario SRM or MDM) while creating the material in SAP R3. My understanding is partner is the key driver in message control process and sending the object (matmas) to destination. There is no place holder to mention about partner while creating the material in SAP R3.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

<i>SAP R3 to its partner SRM or MDM system?</i>

i hope LS.

See for more about basic types..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/dc/6b835943d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/content.htm

Regards

Chilla..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ravi,

<b>concept of partner_type KU - Customer, LI - Vendor, LS - logical system (transaction we20)</b>

it is used based on the context...say u are sending a PO idoc so in this case a PO wud be send for a vendor/supplier (person from whom u procure) and not a customer. so here u need to have partner profile defined in LI and if for a sale order then it means u doing a transaction with a cutomer and partner profile tends to be in KU.

Sales Order Inbound - Setup inbound parameters with partner type 'KU' (Customer)

Purchase Order Outbound - Setup outbound parameters with partner type 'LI' (Vendor).

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

>>>so here u need to have partner profile defined in LI and if for a sale order then it means u doing a transaction with a cutomer and partner profile tends to be in KU.

there is no <b>need</b> for that

if you have XI you can do the routing inside XI very easily

and IMHO partner profiles like vendord nad customer in the past served as routing rules

<b>so if you have XI do everything as LS</b> <-- much easier to maintain

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yep but for a gen.understanding (with xi not in place) i had quoted on that. but soon after that i saw ur post on realting with xi and hence did not gofurther into it

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>with xi not in place

don't even say that hehe

this cannot be anymore!

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabhu, Michal, Chandra Thanks.

I understood LS for XI and partner type KU, LI use in R3.

For LS partner type in XI, I see no way to generate outbound IDOC from R3 for MATMAS automatically via message control/determination. One has to push the IDOC from R3 via transaction BD10 for matmas (an example) so that it reaches XI via port defined in we20.

I assume in R3 it is possible to generate outbound IDOC for PO by message control setup for the specific partner LI (say vendor 000000123) without any intervention. When a PO gets created in R3 it is automatically sent to the vendor from R3 via EDI.

Please correct if there is mistake in my understanding. Thanks again.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in most cases you can always use LS with XI

(purchase order, master data - matmas etc)

all automatically

why?

because if you add a new partner like LI you need to

create a new partner in WE20 every time...

if you use LS you don't need to do it:)

and that's the reason

Regards,

michal