cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Management - doing appraisal for the person who dont have portal access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am implementing PMS module (Objective setting appraisal) & it is accessed through portal. There are some employees who works in the factory do not have access to the portal.

My query is, how the appraisal can be done for such type of employees who don' have system access.

Thanks & Regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

For employees without access to the portal, an administrator could generate a hard copy form which would be sent to the employee and they & their manager would need to fill in their comments / ratings manually. The form would need to be returned to the administrator (back office user) for manual input in SAP via the back-end. For example, if the manager but not the employee has access to the portal, once an administrator has input the appraisee's self-assessment into SAP on their behalf, an on-line form could be available to a manager (depending on your configuration/processes) to do their appraiser next steps on line, but then the manager/appraiser would need to revert back to the administrator or print out a hard copy of the in-process appraisal document to physically hand to the appraisee, etc, & back and forth until the process was complete.

Thus the steps/phases/statuses would still apply, but it would require the intervention of the HR user to enter minimum the appraisee details and maybe the appraiser details as well if the manager also doesn't have portal access.

The download/upload option you refer to is designed for use by the appraisee / appraiser to work on drafts of the appraisal, work on them off line and then upload them back up into the portal once they are done. Therefore, portal access is still a pre-requisite for this functionality.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you.

Best regards,

former_member186667
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alison,

I've read your detailed reply to Daniel.

According to my knowledge, the download option don't necessarily requires a portal connection. The idea is users will be able to access appraisal documents offline, meaning also when they are out of office and even when they don't have a full available Internet connection.

So to my opinion, this can be used for this purpose, by the following steps:

1. The system administrator or the appraiser can choose to download the appraisal documents to a PDF file (Adobe Interactive form, which require Adobe Document Server), and email it to the appraisee >>
  2. Then the employee will be able to fill up the document >> and afterwards sent it back to the administrator
  3. The administrator will upload the document back to the appraisal system.

I haven't had the chance of implementing this scenario yet, but two of my clients wish to do it and it seems doable.

Am I wrong?

Please reply.

Thank you & regards,

Liran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liran

You are not wrong . The facility you mention in step 1 is available via t/code PHAP_ADMIN_PA. I just ran a quick test and the form I was able to download in a test system in .pdf format doesn't appear to give an appraisee a lot of options for entering data. I'm wondering if this would always be the case or whether it's just the configuration/settings in my system; equally it may be related to the Adobe licence I have on my computer! Since there is also an upload documents facility via the same transaction, this may well be the case, though I don't know for sure. As you say, there would in this scenario be some Adobe pre-requisite set-up.

Unfortunately I don't have an opportunity to trial these questions further - but in principle, what you suggest sounds feasible as a means of introducing more automation into the process. Perhaps if another subscriber has experience of this exact scenario, they will be kind enough to add their knowledge.

The way I've mainly seen download/upload used before (with interactive update) was between portal users (employee, HR Admin or Manager) who wanted to perform some of the process off-line and then synch back to the main document by uploading ....

Kind regards,

Alison

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liran,

I  have a similiar requirement of having offline options in portal. In Phap_admin, we have the option of download the form, enter the data and then upload the appraisal form. But my requirement is how can a user himself use this option in portal environment.

Can the user after logging to portal use this functionality to download the appraisal form and then upload it back after filling data by himself???

Also what is the use of Badi - HRHAP00_OFFLINE?

Please help. Awaiting for your reply!!!!

Regards,

Naaz

former_member186667
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naaz,

Regarding your first question - the answer is YES.

I assume that you are using the Web Dynpro for ABAP interface, is it correct? If so, then in the Appraiser and Appraisee web interface (dashboard) there is an option of downloading and uploading the documents (see the attched screenshot).

Regarding the BAdI:

If you want to create a custom layout, you should use the BAdI HRHAP00_OFFLINE which allows you to change the template's layout based on standard structures according to the customer requirements.

Regards,

Liran

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liran,

Thanks for your reply!!! . It seems to be very useful. Here the user has the option to download & upload appraisal document.

But I have a query here as we are using Web dynpro Java 7.0.9 with 0 EHP level, this functionality is not available in the portal (in the BSP page). I have used different standard BSP pages for the same. Is there any way to provide the same upload/download button in my current version.

Regards,

Syed Naaz

former_member186667
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Syed Naaz,

Actually this functionality does exist in the BSP interface.

Please see the following screenshot -

Regards,

Liran

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Liran,

Thanks a lot for the screenshots!!!! This was very helpful.

Can you please tell me the above screenshot is available at which EHP Level??

Regards,

Naaz

former_member186667
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naaz,

It's available since EHP4 on BSP pages.

However, please pay attention that since EHP4 (it's also exist in EHP3 but it's not recommended to use it in that level) you better use the Web Dynpro for ABAP UI, which consists a better functionality of downloading and uploading appraisal document - it can be done directly through the work center of the appraiser.

Regards,

Liran

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks all for the valuable commets.

I checked the offline functionality & it seems to be ok. The apprasail document (adobe form) can be downlaoded & the details can be filled as same online.

The fields which needs to be filled, comes in a editable mode & if there is a dropdown value (e.g. ratings, etc), then the same shows in the downloaded for which can be seleted as per the need. The push buttons are also shown in the dropdown.

The best thing which I found is that, once the filled offline document is uploaded, the status of the document is changed automatically & mail is also triggered.

A detailed testing is required to see if the full functionalites works in offline process.

I will keep the thread open for some time, with a request, if anyone would like to share their knowledge / experience on the topic.

Regards,

Daniel

MartinHastik
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

you can start the WD component without a portal access direct from the sap gui. You have to create in the user menue a new entry with a url. If you press that new entry the browser starts. Try to use WD component HAP_DOCUMENT_MAIN or WD Config HAP_AC_MAIN_DOC and play around with the url parameters. One parameter is the appraisal id.

An other possibility is to create a report which detects the correct appraisal ID and starts a new browser session with wd component HAP_DOCUMENT_MAIN.

hope that helps

br

Martin Hastik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Only think is, who have access in the portal they (appraisee and appraiser) can follow the process according to the status and sub status. you can use the assues control.

but employee who can not access the portal. their appraisal document will be created in the system. and the obective will be set by the personel development officer on behafe of employees. (i mean end user) mostly forms (hard copy) will be used for the process and the value will be entered in the system. this results will be used for compensation management to deside the bonus payment and the reporting pourpose etc

Regards,

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dinesh,

Thanks for your reply. What I understood from your reply that, in this case the appraisal document would not pass through various phases (statuses), but the hard copy with the desired format can be provided to the appraisee for filling offlline.

How about the offline appraisal document download / upload option? How & in which scenario it is used? Is it helpful in my scenario?

Regards,

Daniel