Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Performance Management - doing appraisal for the person who dont have portal access

Hello,

I am implementing PMS module (Objective setting appraisal) & it is accessed through portal. There are some employees who works in the factory do not have access to the portal.

My query is, how the appraisal can be done for such type of employees who don' have system access.

Thanks & Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Daniel

For employees without access to the portal, an administrator could generate a hard copy form which would be sent to the employee and they & their manager would need to fill in their comments / ratings manually. The form would need to be returned to the administrator (back office user) for manual input in SAP via the back-end. For example, if the manager but not the employee has access to the portal, once an administrator has input the appraisee's self-assessment into SAP on their behalf, an on-line form could be available to a manager (depending on your configuration/processes) to do their appraiser next steps on line, but then the manager/appraiser would need to revert back to the administrator or print out a hard copy of the in-process appraisal document to physically hand to the appraisee, etc, & back and forth until the process was complete.

Thus the steps/phases/statuses would still apply, but it would require the intervention of the HR user to enter minimum the appraisee details and maybe the appraiser details as well if the manager also doesn't have portal access.

The download/upload option you refer to is designed for use by the appraisee / appraiser to work on drafts of the appraisal, work on them off line and then upload them back up into the portal once they are done. Therefore, portal access is still a pre-requisite for this functionality.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you.

Best regards,

2 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question