cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying a Activity for 100 times in one go.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In our project  an Activity is repeated for atlest 100 times and that activity is required to be kept separately as every activity is having different Location.

Hence it becomes neccessary to maintain the Activity under same WBS and Network for 100 times.

Now my problem is that  how can the Activity be copied  for 100 times at one go ?

Individually i can copy the activity and paste it under that network , but i have to do it for  100 times.

I want it to doit in one go.

Regards,

Nitin P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin,

You have three options to solve this given situation as per my knowledge.

1. in cj20n select network in that wbs, click on act overview.... there if you have already known the act details such as location, work center , activity type, etc....just mention t here manually.....it will take bit time.  but u can add 100 activities one go.  later if you want to change activities based on loc, u can modify the details in respective act.

2. Go to cj22, and activity overview and all all 100 activity one go....

3.  Create std templates(precisily in cj91 for wbs, and cn01 in network and 100 activities, link both and wbs and network cn08.  next time you can copy from this std project.  Also u can keep ready some operational projects aswell to copy from.

prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prashant,

Thnx . But it is not only activity i want to copy but also the Material components   and service elements assigned to the that Activity. ie I will create an Activity and assign the Material components and service elements and then i want to copy the Activity along with the Components for say 100 times.

Also the number of Activity may be different in different projects.

BR,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin,

When u copy project from any operative project/std project all the mat component and elements with activities and wbs get copied. 

Or if you are creating individual diff project where u req these act and material try using BOM transfer function cn33.  It will help you.  and also check with your abaper regarding creating project through bdc....i dont have much idea on that.

prashanth

Answers (0)