cancel
Showing results for
Search instead for
Did you mean:

Alert from RWB is not working in SAP PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

   Configured the alerts in ALRTCATDEF and also created alerts rules (with below settings). Am successfully receiving the alerts when ever messages are running into error in SXMB_MONI, but where as no alert is generated for messages which running into error in RWB->Message Monitoring.

No information of alert generation in "SXMSALERT_LOGREADER".

Alert rule:

Marked : Rule Active

Un-Marked  : Suppressed Multiple alerts of this rule.

Description : ALERTS_JAVA

Alert category : Selected

Conditions:

Connected to Message : Not Relevant

Marked all stars for reset of the parameters:

Where did you error occur?

Selected : No Restriction

Kindly suggest what action should I perform to get the alerts if a message failed in RWB.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santhosh,

I believe while creating alert rule you created the following -

In Conditions(Sender/Receiver Party, component, Interface..)- All are marked as *.

Where error Occured - No restrcition with Adapter catagory,Error code are *

Make the rule action by checking the box

In ABAp stack I am hoping you defined container element -

SXMS_To_Adapter_Type &

SXMS_To_Adapter_ERRTXT.

If possible send me the screenshot of you rule.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

You need to add container elements what ashish suggested.  Those are two container elements will work when ever any message failed in RWB.

thanks,

Satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish/Satish,

  Thanks your quick reply.

Those two elements are already updated. I have attached the screenshot of Container elements and Alert Rule.

Thanks,

Santhosh

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

In your Alert Rule screen shot of RWB, we can see no Alert Category is selected. Alert category is empty. This is the reason of this issue. Alert Rule needs to be associated with a Alert category defined in ALRTCATDEF transaction.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the below document for more information about Alert Category.

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/AlertConfiguration/AC1.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu,

  Thanks for your reply.

There might be error while capturing the screenshot. I have check the alert again now, ALERT CATEGORY is present in the alert rule.

Regards,

Santhosh

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Then Edit the screenshot. Another thing can you please provide the screen shot of Long & Short Text tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nebendu,

  Sure I will do that.

Below is the code.

Shot text:

Alert Message for &SXMS_RULE_NAME&. The Message-ID is &SXMS_MSG_GUID&.

Long text:

Alert created at: &SYST-UZEIT&

During transfer of the following message an error occurred:

Description of the alert rule: &SXMS_RULE_NAME&

Error category: &SXMS_ERROR_CAT&

Error code: &SXMS_ERROR_CODE&

In the following you find source and destination of message transfer:

Sender party: &SXMS_FROM_PARTY&

Sender service: &SXMS_FROM_SERVICE&

Sender namespace: &SXMS_FROM_NAMESPACE&

Sender interface: &SXMS_FROM_INTERFACE&

Receiver party: &SXMS_TO_PARTY&

Receiver service: &SXMS_TO_SERVICE&

Receiver namespace: &SXMS_TO_NAMESPACE&

Receiver interface: &SXMS_TO_INTERFACE&

The following error occurred in the adapter engine:

Adapter type: &SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_TYPE&

Error text from the Adapter Engine: &SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRTXT&

Few cents on this: Is code under Shot and Long text will not make any change in triggering the alert for RWB failure messages. Correct me if am wrong.

Regards,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

  Any suggestions please.

Regards,

Santhosh

former_member354078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

how does Alert categories defined in integration engine , get available in RWB (Java stack) to add alert rules.

Is there any RFC connection , which is responsible for this..?