cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table partitioning in SAP-HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to SAP-HANA and exploring it. I would like to know how can I get the table partition information from metadata ?

And using this partition information how should I query or select data from particular partition ?

Thanks,

Shailesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

You can check the table partition details in M_CS_PARTITIONS view. The details on this view are available here.

Also you can also check the Partition details on the table runtime information tab.

When you fire a query against the partition table, HANA automatically selects the appropriate partition. You do not need to do anything extra.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravindra for quick reply.

But if I want to do multiple selects  (multi threading) where each thread will get data from particular partition, how can I specify that partition ?

I am thinking this for fast data select. Please let me know if there is any other better way.

Thanks,

Shailesh

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can also check the partition specs in TABLES in column PARTITON_SPEC. Find the details of the metadata TABLES view here.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

again HANA  does it by its own. when ever  you fire the query,  HANA tries to execute it in parallel creating multiple threads.  this  is the MPP ( massive parallel processing)  concept of HANA.

You can see this in the administration tab,  under performance,  threads.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (0)