cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete delivery if shipment costing has been done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Business wants to dispatch some material that is physically available in warehouse, but at time of sales order creation system shows that this material is blocked in delivery document. When user try to delete the delivery document system is not allowing deleting the delivery. It shows that “Delivery already contained in a shipment- message no. VL164.

Delivery is attached in shipment document but it has not been delivered.

As shipment cost document has been created & settled in previous financial year (2003) we can not cancel the shipment cost document.

Please suggest how to delete the delivery document or particular line item of the delivery document for which shipment costing has been done. As we have no. of material which are pending for dispatch due to this problem.

Regards,

Dharminder Dalal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually we have to follow the standard process to reverse any document that is to reverse most recenet document first and then go backward. In your case I dont know any solution in which you have assigned a material in shipment cost document and now you want to delete it from delivery. I don't think so this is possible. The thing is if a material was assigned to a delivery then why it was not delivered in 2003

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks MoazzaM for your valuable solution.

Due to some reasons business did not deliver that material against that delivery document. today we have put some validation that if PGI has not been done for any delivery then user should not be able to create shipment cost document. Now we do not have any such issue.

In standard sap we know that if due to any reason we are not able to deliver material then de link the delivery form shipment document & delete the line item of delivery.

But in past the practice was different so user create a delivery, made shipment document and some how create shipment cost document.

Now business want to sell all material ,but not able to release the material which is blocked in delivery.

Kindly suggest any other way.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Please confirm me that whether these materials are under schedule for delivery or not in MMBE stock overview?

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes the material is under schedule for delivery in MMBE. It is also seen in MD04.

Regards,

Dharminder

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Please check if you can scrap this material and upload again with new batch. See if this is feasible and possible. I didnt check this but you can try. Now you have to go for some alternate way which is not good

Thank$

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dharmendar

Hope you are doing well. Did you get any solution on this? I am also facing the same issue and system is not allowing to delete and I was searching on google and found this thread. Please update me what you did to this delivery and material??

Thank$

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there anyone who knows how to close these kind of deliveries?

Thank$

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

There is an SAP program that allows to update the status of the documents, maybe you could try using this program.  Other than this I think you may need to involve the auditors and do the PGI and the do a return sale ... ouch!!!

Regards

Waza

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for replying. Are you talking about RVDELSTA program?

Sale return option is also in my mind and I will play this card as a last solution

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use transaction code VT02 there you can see the shipment number linked with delivery, there you delink and untick startshipment, after doing this system should allow you to delete items in DO.

I remember i have suggested this to my user long back. Can't recollect exactly.

Hope this will help you.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sai Krishna for valuable response.

I fully agree with your suggestion that we can do modification/deletion in delivery once we de-link the delivery from shipment document through VT02N.

But in my case shipment costing (VI01)has been done for shipment cost document in previous financial year so system is not allowing to de -link delivery in shipment document.

Hope you understand the issue.

Any other suggestion please.

Regards,

Dharminder

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried below one ?

Please go to VI02 - double click on line item - settlement - check cancellation - press enter - provide cancel date (as current open period date) now, save the document.

Let me know the results.

Regards, Sai krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your suggestion I tried to cancel the shipment cost document through VI02 by taking current date but at the time of saving ,system is showing error"Deficit of PU IR quantity 0.001 PU".

What I know it means that invoicing has been done against GR document. I saw this in purchase order history in PO.

Regards,

Dharminder

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not really sure about this. But, in Forum i could see similar issue threads.

Find below one, may help you.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1026248

All the best.

Regards, Sai Krishna.