cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substitutes for Resource Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we want to use the extended staffing in SAP PPM and are wondering how to work with substitutes in that area. Does the standard SAP PPM substitutes work for Resource management as well or do we have to arrange that in the org. management side (PPOME)?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, the PPM Substitue would not work for this case.

The reason is following:

The PPM subsstitue only copy the so-called ACO authorizations, it is similar as you launch the project and navigate to the tab 'authorization' ,  copy the authorizations of the corresponding user to the substitue.

Other authorizations or settings are not consiered, e.g. aco_super, or the staffing manager assignment of org.unit.

To enable the extended staffing  not only requires the authorization of the object, but also the staffing manager assignment of org.unit.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know for resource management in PPM system, PPM substitute functionality is enough. I don't understand what do you mean by extended resource management. What is substitutes in org management.

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pramod,

the extended staffing model works a bit different, therefore, i'd like to know if anybody has tried this in practice before.....

Yours,

Miel

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think the "substitute" option only works for users assigned directly to an object ( item, bucket, project) and  not sure the result in the staffing model, as far as I know it only impact in ACO authorizations.

From the staffing point of view there are 2 things:

1) the substitute shoud have also authoization to display/ edit the same projects, roles, users that the original user. This should be covered by the " substitute" functionality.

2) other thing are the authorizations given in PPOME ( organizational structure). I think these authorizations are for approval or receiving emails, if I not wrong in this case you need to configue a sibstitute but in the SAP inbox ( like a worflow substitute)

Not sure if this has helped you and if I answer your question...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

the standard substitute does not work, so we have to add an extra person in the Org. management as resource manager/staffing manager for that position.

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Miel,

Have you tried to substitute the user using transaction RMPS_SET_SUBSTITUTE?

Regards