cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extractors working but not population BI Content Cubes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm a SAP BI consultant that is very new to the SolMan area. I'm trying to find out why data hasn't been populated in my BI Content Cube 0SM_ESRMS. Data has previously been loaded in to this cube, but stopped some time last year. So after a bit of digging I found out that this extractor, E2E_ESREP_EXT_MS, was inactive. So I set it to be activated and for the last few days, it has been running green again.

So here's my issue. I can't seem to load my cube with the data that this extractor should be collecting. Other BI Content cubes are being populated on a daily basis, so I guess that there are some way to schedule this?

I have tried looking in to the BI Process Chains, but I can't find anything that shows that they are used for the daily dataloading. Inside the cubes, it says that data has been loaded "Request w/o InfoPackage (APO Request)". So normal BI ETL doesn't really apply here.

So where do I schedule this data loading for my cubes?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check That links Anders,

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2013/02/19/problems-on-itsm-ana...

it's a collection of know problem on BW, maybe is something related, not sure.

Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Luis. I have now found out that the extractors are running fine. Unfortunately - no data is collected by the extractors, at least not for the E2E_ESREP_EXT_MS extractor. Other extractors are working fine and picking up data as they should.

I'm on Solman 7.0 EHP 1 and I really need to find a way to edit these extractors. It seems that one should be able to do it through the SAP Solution Manager Administration Workcenter, but I can't reach the Infrastructure view there. Maybe that is part of newer releases of Solman or maybe it's roll based and that is the reason I can't see that specific view/tab. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

In the EFWK Resource Manager I can see the extractors and activate/deactivate them, but not actually do much more....

//Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

A little update. I have tried running the function modules that lies within the extractor. They work fine and return records as they should. The setting for each extractor however is controlled by an XML-string. I think that this might be the issue. The XML looks like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<ExtractorFrameWork>

<ExtractorClass>

<Configuration>

<Cube Name="0SM_ESRMS"/>

</Configuration>

</ExtractorClass>

<PPMSModeling>

<Startpointer PRPPMSID="" MIPPMSID="" PPPMSID="" CVPPMSID=""/>

<Endpointer PRPPMSID="" MIPPMSID="" PPPMSID="" CVPPMSID=""/>

</PPMSModeling>

</ExtractorFrameWork>

When I try to use this manually by running the extractor, the whole XML doesn't fit in the box. The box can only hold maximum of 200 characters, but the XML is past this. So I can't test run the XML input properly. But I'm still guessing that this could be the issue. I have activated the infocube used for this dataloading and it is ready to receive data.

So problem still stands.

• Extractor running green - coming up with 0 records (when scheduled)
  • Running extractor manually makes for impossible XML input.
  • Function Modules used for extraction, like SMSY_GET_PRODVERS_MAINT_ENDS works great and return records. So no problem with connections or something like that.

Does anyone have a good idea what to try next?