cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy data from Production to QA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I want to refresh the data of my Quality server (Copy data from Production to Quality), to work on BPC reports. Can any please guide the procedure or provide the document link.

Thanks and regards,

Mahendra Dev.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

It depends if you have to do it on a regular basis or just once, what are system restrictions and many other things.

Easiest way in case you need it just once is to connect QA and Prod and use BW load. Or if you can move the whole Environment use UJBR.

Regards,

Gersh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gersh,

Thanks for your reply. This activity is looking for once to test the report in QA.

I have requested the Basis team to copy the data from PRD to QA.

Please guide me once copy the data from PRD to QA is there any post checking is required.

Thanks and regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Are you trying to copy the data from BPC cubes in PRD to QA or are you talking about copying the entire database data from PRD to QA?

For the former, you can use export DM package to export the data and then use import DM package to import the same into QA.

For the later, the process is different. You need to establish a connection between PRD and QA (which already should be there), and then refresh the data of QA based on PRD. This needs to be done by the BASIS team.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilanjan,

Thanks for your reply,

I am working on BPC 10.0 NW and SP 11 is using and here in my project BW get refreshed from Production environment to Development environment.

While refreshing the BW, BPC also get refreshed completely because it belongs to the same tables.

When refreshing the BPC below objects are also get imported from Production environment to Development environment :

1) Security

2) Business Rules

3) Data Manager Packages

4) Script Logic

In above points I have come to know that Security is need to maintain manually and I have doubt about the remaining three points they are also need to maintain manually?? or I copied as it is in production environment and it may get changed.

Thanks and regards,

Rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

If all the tables have been updated in BW, then there should not be any problem. So, now, the dev would be replica of prod server.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nilanjan,

Now its green signal for me to go for create a replica of Prod in Dev.

Its just a request, if you have any document link for above activity to understand more for me for my future development, please provide the same...

Thanks Rajesh.

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

It's not a good idea to make a system copy from Prod to Dev; much better to SIT or UAT systems. You'll have to make special precautions to keep maintaining your transport system if you do that copy.

Gersh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gersh,

Thanks for your comments, but we are copying the Prod environment to Dev Environment the reason is that we have did some development directly in Production which effects now current developments. So we need all the developments which are did directly in the production.

Thanks Rahu,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please clarify my doubt regarding replicating production environment to development server in

BPC 10 NW.

1. Do we have any supporting document which I can give to basis team to initiate the replication process.

2. If the replication happens, then the techinical names in production and development server would be same. Will it give any problem in future transport request from Dev to Prod.

3.  After the replication i want to do a transport (though its not required) to check if we are getting any problems in transportation. (Cause we need to do in future)

Please advise.

Thanks,

Taruna.

Answers (0)