Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tcode <-> Auth. obj association using tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having problems associating authorization objects to some transactions. I am going the table way and standart documentations points to USOBT or USOBT_C tables. However *SOME* Z* transactions(which I know use authorization objects) do not have any entries present in these tables for some reason.

Is this common? Can anyone help me understand why?

And most important of all, can anyone point me to another table(or tables if they needed to be linked) inorder to observe auth.obj. <-> tcode association?

Thanks,

Bora

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bora,

If you looking for auth object <>Tcode relation maintained in SU24. then please use table TSTCA

0 Kudos

Hello

TSTCA returns the initial auth check and not the actual/required objects

Kind regards

David

abhijeet_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

transaction :- SUIM

Thanks

Abhijeet

0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

Can you please explain how the OP will use SUIM to solve his issue?

0 Kudos

Hi

SUIM won't help find the related authorisation checks..at aleast not in an easy way that I can see - please could you explain?

Kind regards

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Auth checks in transactions only appear in the USOB* tables once they are associated through SU24.  If they have never been associated then you will not see them.  This is very common where security has been administered poorly.

To get the info you will have to go through the code, update SU24 and then you will have a more accurate list.  As Binish stated, you could use TSTCA to see where a static auth check has been assigned against the transaction code in SE93.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I don't think your table entries approach will work.

How do think the tables entries you are searching on are populated in the first place? Who does this - security, basis, functional, SAP These are custom transactions rather that SAP delivered which will not initially include sufficient SAP/Customer values.

Cheers

David

jimguo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

For Z* transations, you need to maintain the values in SU24 by yourself.

After that, you can maintain "Check indictor" and authorization objects which will be proposed while

adding the tcode in role menu.

Thanks.

Jim