cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can 2+ Yrs JAVA/J2EE professional able to change his career to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am Working as a Senior Software Engineer at an MNC company for 2+ years in JAVA,J2EE,Oracle technologies. I am interested to change my career with SAP,there are several SAP Training partners who are demanding about 4 lakhs to do SAP ABAB with SAP certification. My question is , will it be a good idea for changing my technology after 2+ years of experience? Can I do the training and certification program for 4 lakhs? And currently I am not working, I have resigned my job on last August, So will the SAP training and certification can place me in better opportunities?

Please guide me to choose a better opportunity

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189849
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I think certification cost is high (i hope bcz out side 2.5 max ).

http://scn.sap.com/community/training-and-education/certification/blog/2013/01/31/sap-training-insti...

100% placement also we should cross check with old students .

Regards

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I've been working as Java developer for the past 2 years. Now I would like to move into SAP domain.

Heard HANA has a good future and is best suited for technical guys.

Is it true? Can I pursue HANA?

former_member189849
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Its a good decision move in to sap so you have intreasted in HANA so present its have good market and before HANA we must learn SAPBW/BI then only we can go into HANA.

Note:I heared that if u know HANA1.0 then some MNC's are taking freshers in india (i can't say its rumour or correct info ).

Regards

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mahesh for your reply

Is it not possible to learn HANA without any prior knowledge of SAP?

If its not possible, which module is good?( I thought of pursing ABAP.. But my friends suggested that ABAP is outdated now.. HANA has a good future)

Regards,

Vivek

former_member189849
Contributor
0 Kudos

Any concerns vivek?

Regards

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mahesh for your reply

Is it  possible to learn HANA without any prior knowledge of SAP?

If its not possible, which module is good?( I thought of pursing ABAP.. But my friends suggested that ABAP is outdated now.. HANA has a good future)

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

U can go for either ABAP or HANA, i differ from u'r friends opinion. ABAP isnt outdated at all .....

Regarding HANA, u can go for either module :

1. HANA administration ( Database knowledge required )

2. BW 7.3 powered by HANA ( BI / BW knowledge required )

3. HANA with SAP knowledge.

Thanks

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks "myself " !!! just joking.. Thanks Vivek

But which one is better among HANA? ( I don't want night shift work !)

Is it ok if I directly take HANA or first BI then HANA?

Regards,

Vivek

former_member189849
Contributor
0 Kudos

1.BI the HANA is the correct way.

2.ABAP not outdated it will not outdate w/o ABAP we can't do the changes or customization etc.

but ABAP with some new modules are asking SAP company's or clients.

Let me now if you have any concerns,

Regards

Mahehs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahesh,

Thanks for your reply

So which module do u think best suit my profile?

Heard PI suits Java professionals, but again we need to know ABAP for that !   is that true?

I've 2 years of exp in java and I want my exp to be considered in SAP as well.

Regards,

VIVEK

former_member189849
Contributor
0 Kudos

one thinng i wana say to you " dont think like developer think like as a consultant" ok if you entered in to SAP u will work like as consultant (not like developer) .

Regards

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahesh,

Thank you for your reply

former_member189849
Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you satisfied with my answers/info.. so please give mark as correct /helpfull answer

@moderators its not begging just simply closing the thread (other way i aslo got points right ).

Regards

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahesh,

I don't know how to  rate/mark as correct for your answer.

Or may be as I haven't started this thread, Am I not able to do it?

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Normally you should be able to mark the thread "Correct" or "Helpful", as indicated by the green and yellow stars within each reply panel. I have marked the reply as "Helpful" on your behalf, but hopefully you can see these options so you can do this in the future.

Sarah

former_member189849
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Vivek,Sarah .

Regards

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarah,

Thanks for rating the answers on my behalf

But still I am not able to rate / mark as helpful answers.

Whatever I write in a thread will show " CURRENTLY BEING MODERATED " msg.

May be I don't have enough points to like or rate an answer !

Regards,

Vivek

former_member189849
Contributor
0 Kudos

CURRENTLY BEING MODERATED

For the above our scn folks max time dicussed just look at below link

http://scn.sap.com/message/14079944

Regards

mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahesh,

Yeah now I understood .

But how to get more points? !! 

Regards,

Vivek

former_member189849
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just provide the correct answers or helpful answers different areas,create a document's or wiki then you will get points .

Just look below threads then you will get an idea .

Regards

Mahesh

former_member189849
Contributor
0 Kudos

In SCN we have a different places like about scn ,abap development ..... keep post and read the documents

Just look below  link .

http://scn.sap.com/places

Regards

Mahesh

former_member189849
Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me know if you have any questions and concerns otherwise please close the thread .

Regards

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahesh,

I think I can't close the thread as I've not started the thread .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've marked the thread as assumed answered, so it is now "closed" in that sense. But you can all continue your discussion here regardless!

Sarah

former_member189849
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Sarah .

Regards

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh, Sarah,

I've created a new thread. There I am getting all the options ( rate an answer, mark as helpfull/ assume helpfull).

But in this thread, I am not able to do it 

Regards,

Vivek

former_member189849
Contributor
0 Kudos

What it saying (may be u get msg like currently beeing moderated ) then it will be take some

time .

Regards

Mahesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184893
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Its an better option to take Abap as far as your experience considered for JAVA programming side.

It would have better if your currently on job now rather than resigning to take the abap training and searching a another job ...

Anyhow you can gohead for ABAP..

All the Best!!!.

Thanks

Nayeem.

phani_prakash
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

With Java Programming background, you are very much eligible for ABAP Programming in SAP.

This will be an easy transition for you to come into SAP.

It is not mandatory, that you need to be a certified in SAP. 90% of SAP consultants are not certified. Hence do not worry about that.

Go ahead and do it from a good institution, where they teach you live Scenarios in SAP Industry.

All the best.

Regards,

Phani Prakash

former_member189849
Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree ur explanation Phani .

Regards

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

SAP Netweaver Protal in on JAVA Stack. Being a JAVA experienced you can understand these better and do the Administration. Some business packages are on WebDynpro Java, Like ESS/MSS. For customization for these packages one should know JAVA J2EE technologies. As you have programming experience then you can learn ABAP (SAP Programming language) also very quickly... with trainging in any particular module as per your interest, you can enter into SAP technology field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for your reply, I have one more query, there are several SAP certified partners like Atos,NIIT,Sourceone who are in SAP training. I have enquired them last week, the told me that SAP training with certification costs 3.75 lakhs with JOB opportunities. Since I have resigned from my previous job and looking for a right career now, Can I join in any of those company for SAP training?

Will they able to provide me placement opportunity? Or If you have any other options please share in this post.