cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.net to SAP career shift

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently working in .net, now planning to shift to SAP. its major career change for me, but i dont know which module suits for me best, some says XI some says ABAP, but the thing is i need to get job as a fresher in SAP (it may be xi or ABAP)

I dont know how is the market outside for freshers.

plz plz can anyone guide me in this and i dont know java/j2ee, i know only .net having 2 years of experience. plz help me in this. my future lies in this.

till now i asked many people, and didnt get any satisfactory answers. and plz suggest in which SAP module i should get trained and how much time it will take.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renuka,

As for as my knowledge, I'm working in SAP XI as development consultant..

I will give my view about XI...To move into XI ..They must have the knowledge in SAP R/3 i.e ABAP ( ALE , IDOC)..

Don't get afraid of anything that you should have prerequisites .. Decide first to which technology you want to move into...LEARN the technology , put your best effort ..Goto the market...

take your time...Choose the right one...

ALL THE VERY BEST...

regds,

vasanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renuka,

In Addition to Dev reply about XI and its somehow relation with .NET I would suggest you that please try to know your interest first. If you want to be a functional consultant or want to work on programming then you can move to ABAP of to other functional module.

Netweaver platform is different from the traditional SAP that we meant by calling simply SAP. In general SAP means ABAP,R/3 and various modules that we have availabe.

If you want to shift to Netweaver platform: If you are interested in coding part the EP will be more suitable, if dataware house then go to BI, if you like integration platform then XI is the best. As mentioned earlier as well that having knowledge of JAVA is must in some cases and sometimes it is additional advantage.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renuka

In addition to the above

--- What is your exp...in .net ? (years) after this you want to shift your career

as a fresher in new technology? It depends/interest ?

But according to me SAP XI is very new and lot of competition that too

if want to enter as fresher but sure they will expect form you either ABAP/Java

(Now a days many companies are asking this)

--- Frankly speaking it is risky step but that is up to you to decide

regards

--- prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renuka,

Shifting from .net to XI or EP needs knowledge of Java / J2EE. So, you need to know a bit of Java / J2EE / ABAP to go for XI and strong skills in J2EE for EP.

You can rather enhance your skills by going for <b>DUET</b> which requires .net as a prerequisite..

You can further look into the below link for more details regarding DUET.

http://www.duet.com for latest updates and

http://duet.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=7wcafOTVs9c%3D&tabid=81&mid=787

for knowing implementations in DUET.

After going through these links, you can decide whether DUET will suit your skill...

Hope this helps,

Regards

Kiran..

Former Member
0 Kudos

learn XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Renuka,

I also joined to SAP XI before 4 months. But previously i was working with .net.

Let me give you some points if you want to shift to XI.(how you can contribute to XI based on .net knowledge)

XI is used to connect heterogeneous systems, it is Integration platform.

You can use your .net Remoting knowledge, here.

For this you can write JAVA code, for transformation of messages which are exchanged between various systems.

In XI you can also write Web servicies as nowadays SOA architecture is everywhere.It is similar to that way we generate in .net, here in SAP we have various steps thru which one can generate WSDL based on interfaces.

You can also shift to another field in SAP that is ABAP-OO(Object oriented).

AS .net is also OO, you will find OO concepts similar in SAP too, with enhanced features.

It is up to you, to decide which area you want to move in SAP.

I hope i conveyed some useful information.

C ya,

Div

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Renuke

i myself moved from .Net to XI,can you tell us ur location so that we can help u out a bit more.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am from bangalore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It perfect match to you as kiran kumar said.Choose Duet it is new.

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Renuka,

my suggestion is if u want to learn XI --->u need JAVA n ABAP(IDOCs & RFCs) knowledge...

If u learn the above topics that will fetch u a lot to learn easily the Netweaver Components like (EP, MDM,XI etc)...

Regards..

krish..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Its all depend upon your interest and your hard work..

If it is something related to new technology then you will have little bit of more chances...

SAP Netweaver XI or MDM,EP,CAF all you should have some JAVA knowledge..better to learn JAVA also..

Regards

Chilla..

<i>Points rewarded if it is usefull</i>