cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Load repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

We hv a peculier problem. We have different repositories & all were working well.Suddenly when we try to load any of them except one all fail with following error details ...

Processing Tables....

Processing table ' Material ' ....( 0% )

Processing Table ' Validations ' ...( 0% )

Loading Attribute 04:43:08

Load aborted with error [2181234944:Unhandled Exception.]

Please use Repair / Verify repository to find & repair errors

Can u throw some light on it.

Thanx in Advance.

Anand K.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fereidoon_samii
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the same problem and below fixed it. Give it a try. delete all the files from your MDM server\accelarators\your repository (example below). There are some acl files. Then it should load.

C:\Program Files\SAP MDM 5.5\Server\Accelerators\YourComputer\yourRepository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fereidoon ,

i hv tried the same it showed some improvement but still not working.Can you tell me whats the use of this accelartors. Is it like temporary files ?Is any documentation available on the same. ?

Thnx in advance.

Anand K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

Accelerators are files that are generated when something that should NOT be done is done in the repository. These keep getting created and consume a lot of space of disk if we are not careful. The verify-> repair, and the re-indexing feature of MDM fixes this problem and when this is done the accelarators disappear !!

Any time you make a schema change [changes to the repository structure] MDM decides on its own that its re-indexing time.. My suggestion is - try loading - using update indices once a while - this sort of cleans up the repo. Use the verify-> repair - this also helps to clear the errors and warnings in the repo.

-Vinay

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand ,

The cleanup of the accelerators should solve the problem . If not then try unloading the repository , unarchiving it , stopping the MDM server , unmounting it , mounting it again and starting the same , archiving and loading the repository . Try this with one repository and make sure that all other repositories are unloaded at that time . It should work .

Regards

Deepak Singh

fereidoon_samii
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I think it is used for indexing purposes. I had similar problems that all of a sudden repository did not load. when I tried this and verisfied the repositoy(repair option) that worked for me. You may also try Update repository and Compact repository options.

Regards,

Fereidoon

Message was edited by:

Fereidoon Samii

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For one of my repository Compact repository worked. For one i had archived & unarchived it with other name & its working now.But still some repositories i am unable to load.

thankx

Anand K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

Did you verify the repository? It worked for me.

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanta ,

I had verified the repository. It did nt work.

thanx

Anand K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We too had this problem with repository . Once it was solved by Repair/Verify option .

But unfortunately , once the repair/verify option didnt found anything wrong and kept getting same error to reapir it . The repository got corrupted and we had used daily archived repository .

May be encountered similar and was able to solve by other method .

- An .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annika,

yes I tried the repair option. But it still not working.How to use daily archived repository.Also the other problem is for the other repository i am unable to logon to data manager. It simply throws out after initail screen.

Regards,

Anand K

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

try verify -> check and verify -> repair. Does the log show you any errors? If yes, which ones? In addition, try loading the repository using the "Update Indices" option.

Hope that helps

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michel ,

I hv tried it . Its not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

you could also try to unmount the repository and then mount it again. That worked for me a couple of times.

Regards,

Christiane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically we archieve the repository every night for these kind of situations .

Abt 3 times in 6 months , the repository got corrupted and we had to use the archieved ones to load .

If you dont have archieve of your reposiry to reload , and none of these options are working , then the only option is to ask SAP by OSS message .

- An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand ,

You can also try to restart MDS server . possibility of this working is only 2-3% but can give a try .

- An