cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update Manager (SUM) cannot find SID directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I was upgrading my SAP BW 7.3 (dual stack) using SAP SUM trying to solve the unresolved BEX WAD problem (http://scn.sap.com/thread/3310405) that i have posted previously. However, again, I encountered another problem with SAP SUM, leaving me no choice but to seek for help in this forum. Below is the error message that i got from the application, really appreciate anyone out there can help up on this.

Error Message: "No SID directory exists or the current user is not authorized to perform operations on SID directory".

Note: SAP SUM was executed with administrator account.

Hope to hear you guys soon.

Million Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you already check the hints given in SAP Note 1563660?

Regards, Boris

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you confirm that you started the SUM with user <SID>adm?

Administrator account is not sufficient.

Regards, Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

Thanks for your reply. However, when i tried to access the note you mentioned, it says the "Document is not released".

By any chance do you have the note?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Leonard

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Leonhard,

today, I have tried to access the note using my S-user, and it worked ... the note was updated on march 14, and is in status "released to customers", so it should be visible. Maybe you tried to read the note while it was updated, please check again, hope it works.

(For consistency reasons, I will not post the content, as the note may be updated later which will not be reflected in my citation.)

Best regards, Boris