SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Exposure update - FICA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

When a payment is post to the customer account, is the credit exposure updated in realtime? or is the update of the exposure performed once the FICA data is transfer to Credit management with FPCM1?

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jing,

I don't think so, the credit exposure gets updated in real time.

However there is a difference on how this gets updated-

EHP4.0

You have to execute the transaction FPCM1 so as to replicate it in to FS-CM through XI/PI server.

EHP5.0 and above

You have to execute the transaction FPCM1, but you don't have to use XI/PI for replicating, irrespective of the fact that your FS-CM  is in one signle box along with FI-CA or not.
Instead, you can use the WS-RM (Web Service Reliable Messaging) protocol for communicating with FS-CM from the Source System.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jing,

I don't think so, the credit exposure gets updated in real time.

However there is a difference on how this gets updated-

EHP4.0

You have to execute the transaction FPCM1 so as to replicate it in to FS-CM through XI/PI server.

EHP5.0 and above

You have to execute the transaction FPCM1, but you don't have to use XI/PI for replicating, irrespective of the fact that your FS-CM  is in one signle box along with FI-CA or not.
Instead, you can use the WS-RM (Web Service Reliable Messaging) protocol for communicating with FS-CM from the Source System.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for the input.

One question, when you say realtime is that the exposure is updated when receiving the payment or when you execute FPCM1?

If you dont execute FPCM1 will the exposure get updated?

Many thanks!

J.C.

0 Kudos

Hi Jing,

The credit exposure doesn't gets automatically updated when the payment is processed in the Source System.

You have to execute transaction FPCM1, if you want to replicate the exposure in FS-CM.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Is it possible to build an enhancement, for example in an event for document posting, to trigger the report that makes the exposure update? would you say that there are any possible issues with that approach?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

FPCM1 is a mass activity and as such cannot really be called in that manner.

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Do you think that is there any option to have the exposure updated in a "close" to real time way?

Many thanks for your suggestions.

0 Kudos

Hi Jing,

I would question the business requirement for this enhancement.

All the payments are updated via batch job and typically FPCM1 program will run after the payment batch job.

So the scenario of real time update won't be necessary for update of Credit data.

Please let me know if I am missing something.

Regards,

Rahul