cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP book setup - define layout icon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi users,

We've set up roles for our users as to control the functions of DP. But I'm trying to allow the users access to the define layout function which is in the design option of the planning book. We're on release 720, SP10.

Normally you access /SAPAPO/SDP94 - Interactive Demand Planning, then Design and you should have access to Define Layout. This allows the user to select table and graphic configuration options.

Can anyone help me with what role authorizations or other setup that is required to provide this. I'm unable to find the right settings.

thanks

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

The required function is C_DESIGN and the other details are as follows:

Authorization Object: C_APO_FUN (Authorization for functions in APO Demand Planning and APO Supply Network Planning)

Authorization field: APO_FUNC (Function in Demand Planning or Supply Network Planning)

Function: C_DESIGN (Allows user to go to design mode).

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/412599

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

There are multiple assignments under C_APO_FUN but not all of them have the function C_DESIGN, but it is selected in one of the assignments.

We don't have APO_FUNC in the authorization list. Do we need to include this as well as it appears to be more realted to infocubes?

Thanks

Paul

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Your question will be better answered by your ABAP or SAP security team member. The auth. object C_APO_FUN refers the field APO_FUNC during authorization checks. However, I could not find association between this authorization object field and function C_DESIGN due to security restrictions in our system. Probably,  your ABAP or security team member can find out this relation and help you. 

Thanks,
Rajesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul,

I am not sure that this setting is user dependent. If one user change a setting in Design, it will update the settings for all users. Just make sure that's what you are looking for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our user has the C_DESIGN function allocated and can go into the design mode. Don't have a problem with this.

It is in the design window where the "Layout" option is missing. I'm trying to find out what authorization will make this appear (the icon and the menu item) as it is not even greyed out.

thanks

Paul