Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Administration trouble with Central Sys Admin SolMan 7.1

annem_salmon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have set up Solution Manager 7.1 and configured the Managed Systems successfully. The RFCs are all working, but when I attempt to go into System Administration for any of my managed systems and open a remote session for a transaction code, I get this error in my remote system in SM21:

Message 14027

Maximum number of sessions reached

Has anyone else seen this or know how to fix it? It is not an issue with the dialog sessions set in my profile. That is set to the default of 6 and I do not see any additional sessions opening when I attempt to remotely launch a t-code from Solution Manager. Is this an issue with my HTML sessions since the Central System Administration is running in WebDynPro? If so, how would I fix that?

Thank you for your help,

Anne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Anne,

Have u checked this parameter login/disable_multi_gui_login in solman and backend whether it is activated or not .

Please check the Note: Note 314568 - SAP GUI for HTML functionality / Limitations / Sp. Behaviour

• Multiple Sessions and Inter Mode Communication (IMC)

SAP GUI for HTML doesn't support multiple sessions and IMC. Users can only work within a single session. When a user tries to create a second session, the system responds with the message " Maximum number of sessions reached". If users want to work in multiple sessions they have to do multiple logins.

Thanks

Kishore Cherukumalla

annem_salmon
Explorer
0 Kudos

I wonder if there is some way to open these in a SAPGUI instead of a SAPGUI for HTML session?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anne,

could you please explain what is the remote session of the transaction code?

hope you aware the multiple session ( /O in SAP GUI) feature is not available with SAPGUI HTML. refer sap note 314568.

Thanks

Jansi

annem_salmon
Explorer
0 Kudos

In SolMan 7.0 we used the DSWP | Solution Monitoring | System Monitoring/Administration to run tasks and log entries for our auditors.

When I attempt to do this in 7.1 through WorkCenters | Solution Manager Administration | Solutions | Operations Setup tab | System Administration it opens SAPGUI for HTML. Then when I attempt to launch a t-code from one of the tasks, I get the error about reaching the maximum sessions in the remote managed system. There are no errors in SolMan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anne,

that means that the user connected to that system has reached the maxim gui connections. try to enlarge them..

kr,
Chris

annem_salmon
Explorer
0 Kudos

It isn't an issue with GUI sessions. I log into that managed system and watch the sessions and no additional GUI sessions are being opened for my user ID. We are set to the default of 6 GUI sessions and I even adjusted it to 12 temporarily and I am still seeing the same issue. It just is not opening a session for my managed system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anne,

Does the same issue occur when you try to execute from NWBC?

Just curious

If not, NWBC might be a nice workaroungd.....

Regards,

David

annem_salmon
Explorer
0 Kudos

This opens in an HTML session  and still doesn't allow me to launch a remote t-code to my managed system. I believe Kish got the answer right. It just doesn't work now.