cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation Shipment Scheduling for SO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need your help in understanding what am I missing in setting up Transportation & Shipment Scheduling in APO.

I created transportation shipment tables, access seq, mappings in APO and have activated Transportation shipment for SO in ERP. However as we dont want to use GATP but only the transportation shipment scheduling functionality (specially the scheduling using condition type) so I dont want to activate ATP in CIF IMs so have activated Schd SO for VMI in IMs. (which I think are sufficient for this purpose).

Also the route determination was already active in the ERP, but now we intend to do this in APO.

However after all the above settings this is still not working, the time from TRAN condition type is not being picked up by the SO rather, its just picking up route duration from ERP.

Could you guys please give some suggestion ideas to solve this.

Thanks in advance

R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

As per SAP scheduling with condition technique only works if you are satisfying following conditions;

The system only executes scheduling using the condition technique if neither scheduling using configurable process scheduling nor scheduling based on SNP master data is used; in other words, the following conditions are fulfilled:

• The system does not find a process alias via the assignment of the condition type list.
  • The system does not find a process alias via the assignment of the item category to the process
    alias.
  • You have not activated extended scheduling for VMI sales orders.
  • The target location is not a VMI customer or no location-dependent product master data
    exists.

So i believe you need to explore "Scheduling based on SNP master data" for your requirement.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sourabh for your reply

However I have already checked and its not applicable in my scenario.

Could you suggest any other possibilities on this to check

Thanks in advance

-R

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

If that is the case we are left with only other option as configurable process scheduling, check the same for your scenario, but that also works only if you are using GATP, below link might help you in that.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/EN/dc/15d93f5e0f9015e10000000a155106/content.htm

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R,

Transportation & shipment scheduling is done when you do the ATP check in APO, so I believe that what you want to do is not possible, if you do not activate ATP check CIF model.

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pablo

However SAP help does mention that ::

" Define and activate one of the following integration models for the SAP APO Core Interface (SAP APO CIF):

• An integration model to schedule VMI sales orders for the combination of material, plant, and ship-to-party used
  • An integration model for the Global ATP check for the combination of material and plant used"

So I am expecting it work without GATP activated. Any more suggestions on this please

thanks in advance

-R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

Maybe you may debug FM APO_SCHEDULING, which is responsible of 'deciding' if the acheduling must be done in ECC side or APO side.

At least it will help you to know if there is something missing in ECC side or in APO side.

Also, could you please check if activating ATP IM for one material, scheduling is done in APO as you want? Just to be sure that scheduling is working correctly.

Best regards