cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Activate Alert Type DB Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are modifying the alert structure to add two new fields 'Purch Group' and Order Type Code'.

We did the alert structure configuration using transaction /SCMB/ALENCFG and thereafter, we have to activate alert type DB tables with transaction /SCMB/ALEN_DB_GENERA.

This activity went well in DEV system and the new fields are available in alert structure. The configuration /SCMB/ALENCFG was transported to test system and now we  are trying to activate the alert type DB tables using /SCMB/ALEN_DB_GENERA in test system where we are getting error "Error during creation of File /SCMB/ALPRM7051".

We checked and concluded that this is not an authorization issue as the same error appears for a user with all access.

Can you please help us find an issue here? Are we correct in activating the alert type database tables in test system again or there is a way to transport these tables changes too?

Thanks and Regards,

Amjad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

deveshbohre1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Amjad,

I also had faced this issue few days back, later i realize it was due to the package I was selecting,

can you check the package u have used while activating Alert Type DB  tables using /SCMB/ALEN_DB_GENERA. is available in your system?

u can use se16 to check the available Package

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm getting the same error. I put the correct package that is available in the system. Should I be activating in the config client or test client in the same box?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We were able to resolve the issue by simply restarting our system. We used the available package for activating. We had the same experience in all test systems as well as production. The key was to restart system after moving transport.

deveshbohre1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Nandita,

can you check again the package, r u sure there is no customized package? something which starts with Y or Z.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do have a Z package - I have put the Z package itself while generating the alerts. But still getting the same error. Which package should I be using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I used package /SCMB/SCMB_ALEN_DATA and was able to generate all the DB tables.

I have also activated my alerts. However on testing , the alerts are not getting generated.

Background: I have created custom alerts for the deviation figures on OFM:

Difference Firm Receipts/Firm Requirements (%) - DELTAORDERPER

Difference Planned Receipts/Planned Requirements (%) - DELTAPLANPER

Any ideas on what I'm missing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandita,

Same issue for me also.. I have activated the DB tables.. using the package you advised above.. Alerts are not getting generated for me also.. I had modified the 7052 alert for 'PO Change' to add alert based on Header Status chg also.. after that I activated DB tables via /SCMB/ALEN_DB_GENERA.

So any suggestions..