Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilanguage label Printing in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on a project UPC tickecting -which is about printing labels.

We first create the label design in BARTENDER then upload this label into SAP Peak transaction ZEPS.

then with tcode ZLPRINT we print the delivery and its items.( this is labels) using printer Avery 6404.

We have achieved this process for English labels.

Now we are looking to print Chinese Characters on the Labels using SAP as database and the Avery 6404 printer.

How should i achieve multilanguage in SAP?

i need the MAKTX , COLODESC and COO in Traditional chinese ,simplified chinese and in Korean.

Please help me to find a solution to achieve this requirement.

thanks Experts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all you need to download all the languages with the SAP Basis help.

Then you need to check, whether the underlying database is UNICODE, unless its unicode, you wont be able to store Chinese characters.

All your programs have to be unicode compatible.

You will have to log in with the specific language when you log in, in the SAP system, to see if the non-english are displayed or not.

Do this initial test, let us know your results.

Regards,

Abhishek

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all you need to download all the languages with the SAP Basis help.

Then you need to check, whether the underlying database is UNICODE, unless its unicode, you wont be able to store Chinese characters.

All your programs have to be unicode compatible.

You will have to log in with the specific language when you log in, in the SAP system, to see if the non-english are displayed or not.

Do this initial test, let us know your results.

Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos

hi,

All the database tables are unicode.(mara,likp,lips)

All the Zstructures are unicode , also the Zprogram is unicode.

We have installed italian ,spanish and french.

I can see the material description in the text table MAKT for MARA.; it is maintained for different languages .

I read some where ( Unicode SAP system you can display and maintain character data from any language with any logon language. For example, you can logon to your system in Japanese and maintain Russian data. )

how should i maintain a chinese charater in MARA table once i login by English.?

0 Kudos

hello,

as far as i know, you can read(view) the various language that are maintained in the system.

But to maintain in a specific language you need to log in, in that respective language.

every language that is installed, creates a layer in the database, for instance, if 5 languages are installed, the Db will be virtually divided in 5 layers.

Accordingly, since MARA table is language independent, only the description(long text, short text) will be maintained in various language. which is stored in MAKT that is the material description table.

Anything that you maintain in MARA table will be language independent. only the material description can be maintained in other language.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Abhishek