cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hybrid Web Container Activation Problems: BlackBerry 7.1 - 9810

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

i have been trying hardly to connect my real BB with my Sybase Relay Server.

Note: The HWC App has been deployed OTA through the BES Server.

We have checked the logs of the BES and the Relay Server and they are showing no connection attempt.

The only message we get in the client logs of the Hybrid WebContainer is:

"Client error - reset needed"

We are using SMP 2.1 ESD#3 and we were able to connect a real Android and IOS Device.

Hope someone can help me with this issue.

Regards,

Wladimir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184221
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry to state the obvious, but a lack of network connection activity at the BES would tend to indicate the network connection parameters within the HWC are incorrect. Or blocked by a rule on the BES.

I assume the BES has been configured to allow the HWC to connect using an IP port ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

it seems that there is problem with the BES policies. Some users are able to use the hwc some are not. Is there somewhere an official guide from sybase/sap describing the necessary configurations steps for the BES or does a BES expert should normally know what to do ?

Regards,

Wladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

A BES expert should know what to do.

If you are using the BES secure tunnelling feature then they would need to setup the routing rules in the BES Admin to allow communication from BES Server to the Relay Server or direct to the SMP Server on the appropriate ports (port 80 for the Relay or port 5001 for the SMP server if you use the defaults).

Also the rules will be needed to allow the SMP server to contact the BES box on it's MDS port (for notifications) and allow this through to the device.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have found the issue. Those user running a BB on 6.0 had no issues with the HWC. Users running a BB on 7.1 were not able to use the app. We are trying to deploy a newer version of the HWC (2.2) on the BB in order to fix that issue.

From my point of view this is kind of interesting as i thought that 7.1 is supported by the HWC?!

Anyways thanks for the effort so far!

Answers (0)