webservice consumption by PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I’ve been trying to implement the following scenario:

Partners Web Service -> Consumed by PI -> iDoc

The option I have opted is:

Request:
FTP [just as a trigger] with request response bean -> PI -> SOAP receiver to obtain web service
Response:
SOAP’s response back to response bean channel [SOAP receiver channel that redirects to my actual business scenario] in FTP

While we all know, there are quite a number of potential solutions, I was wondering if there are any other ways of invoking the scenario without being dependant on FTP/sFTP?

Any inputs are highly appreciated! Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madvi,

You  can try this link for step by step guide.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Using+Request+Response+Bean+Module+in+FILE+Adapter

Sreeni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your time and response.

@Sunil, The scenario is explained below:

1) Consume Partner's web service [on a web server, non-SAP] using PI;

2) PI to process the web service response and post onto SAP R3 as iDoc;

@Raj, Partner do not seem to be agreeing for posting message onto PI. And the Proxy approach was indeed considered but avoided because of the lack of monitoring ability.

@Baskar & , The proxy approach is not prefered.

The idea behind using a FTP channel is only to employ a triggering entity. Hence, I am curious to to know, if there is a way to schedule a channel [something like a Task Scheduler of Windows OS] that wakes up by itself to do some job and sleeps when done.

Any other thoughts?

-

Madhvi

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhvi,

If i understand right your requeriment your scenario is ECC -- SOAP, first the sender and later the receiver.

Right now, you have the follow possibilities:

- ABAP PROXY - SOAP: this is the way that Raj and Baskar suggested.

- RFC - SOAP: this is the way thatBaskar suggested.

- IDOC - SOAP: you can't use the sender idoc as syncrounous interface, this is not an available option.

If you use other adapter as the File adapter or you develop a BPM , you will only do an unnecessary complex scenario.

What scenario to choose?. As far as i know by my experice, the sender abap proxy is more intuitive, easier and less complicated that the develop RFC sender. With the RFC sender you will do the PI development depends of the RFC structure, i want to say that the abap proxy lets to develop a scenario with nomeclature "clearer".

There are another facts, that the communication is between integration engines avoiding java process (only abap stack, XI 30.0. PI 7.0, P.7.1, in dual cuore machines of course), etc.

Regards.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your sender system? if sender system is SAP you can use abap proxy as Raja suggested. I dont see any flaw in your current design for triggering through file. This would work.  If you want to handle synchronous way and your sender system is SAP, you can go for RFC or Abap proxy. You can use the receiver side SOAP adapter to consume web service. Elaborate more on your requirement. 

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What request parameters partner system web service expecting, do you need to pass some dummy data?

Usually the best approach would be your partner has to implement and need to send SOAP request to PI then you can pass same data to IDoc. If this deisgn not possible.

try below

Develop ABAP Proxy---->PI---->SOAP Sync scenario, both ABAP proxy and SOAP supports sync calls so you can send some data from proxy program to get response from SOAP then map same to ABAP Proxy.

Only thing you need to here is instead of IDoc use ABAP proxy,this is very much possible.

Regards,

Raj

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you expecting something SOAP > IDoc ?

Having very little knowledge about your business scenario..

Any specific reason you are using FTP and how will you handle IDoc because your scenario indicates that it has an involvement of IDoc, isnt ?

Elaborate more on your business scenario, that will be helpful.

Regards,

Sunil