cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP runtime error during cancellation of Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have an Invoice document which has around 2500 line items. When I am trying to cancel the Invoice document using VF11 it gives a Runtime error as "TIME_OUT" - Time limit exceeded.  The program "SAPLV60A" has exceeded the maximum permitted runtime without interruption and has therefore been terminated. It ran around 2 hours.

Can someone please tell me the procedure to cancel this Invoice. I know that we can try LSMW or BDC for this, but is there any other option apart from this.

Regards,

SNK.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below Notes as well

Note 362057 - Runtime error w/
collectv billing, text determinatn

Note 65987 - Performance problems when cancelling with VF11

Note 69880 - Runtime error TIME_OUT when you cancel

Try to apply relevant notes in DEV environment and see the results. if you don't get positive results, i would suggest to reach out SAP.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saikrishna,

Thanks for the reply. But we are in ECC 6.0 and the Notes for the performance issues point to 4.6B and lesser.

Is there anything else that can be done.

Regards,

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry Dear. Even I checked all Notes, most of them are 4.6 B and lesser. Better you raise it to SAP.

Sorry for not able to help you more than this.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Luckly we have similar thread in SCN.

Check below one it may help you.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2155256

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saikrishna,

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,

SNK.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SNK,

As our expert Lakshmi said, now, its time to split the invoice with minimum line items and save.

Any Account document you can have maximum 999 line items.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2155256

You need to set out the timings as mentioned in OSS Note 25528 - Parameter rdisp/max_wprun_time to handle large volume of billing cancellation during online processing.

Regards,

SNK

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

an Invoice document which has around 2500 line items

Interesting and eager to know whether system has generated Accounting Document successfully.  As you would be aware, in normal circumstances, if a billing document have more than 500 line items it would give an error message "F5727 - Max no. of line items reached in FI".  This being the case, I am not sure, how come it was possible to save the billing document with 2500 line items ?

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The system did not generate an Accounting document. I am not sure about the saving of the billing document. I am also surprised.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, this might also be a performance issue if some wrong coding is done in the invoice user exits. Before applying notes and contacting SAP, It's better you check the exact place where timeout is happening(you can get the code info from the dump itself) and check whether it is due to custom code. If so, your ABAP team can rectify this.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the SAP version is at/below 4.6C, then take a look at OSS Note 494013 - Serious runtime problems when cancelling billing documents

Regards,